PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share with you...

Milambar
31-03-2010, 19:11
While Im usually the first one to turn the air blue when I hear that insufferable "offshore accent" when I call in with a problem, good offshore agents DO exist, even if they are rare.

Them: Hello welcome to Virgin media technical support. What can I help you with today?

Me: My cable and broadband have both gone down.

Them: Can I take your name and telephone number please.

Me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Them: Okay, I am looking to see if there are any known issues in your area... There are no known issues in that area, but I have noticed from my computer, that there are 186 subscribers in that area, and all 186 subscribers are currently offline. I believe that may indicate a new area fault. I will pass it on to engineering for you, and I suggest you call back in an hour for an update.

Me: Okay, thank you very much for your time....

And really and honestly, I don't expect the telephone support agents to be able to fix things there and then, all I expect of them is for them to acknowlege the fault, pass it on to the relevant people for a fix, and offer me any relevant information relating to it. This offshore agent fulfilled all of my requirements, and even though the fault still existed, I was satisfied.

The fault was fixed in less than 2hrs btw.

A shame I didn't note the guys name, because otherwise, I'd be writing to Virgin with a commendation for the guy.

colin25
31-03-2010, 19:16
Still write in...telling them that if service is as efficiently handled as that...you'll name your first kid after branson

They don't need to know that your first kid's name is Shirley :)

Milambar
31-03-2010, 19:23
Eh, well, I've worked technical support, a long time ago. I know that 99% of people never acknowlege them when things are done right, but scream and yell when things don't go right. I just figured it'd be nice for those who do work technical support to see some positive feedback from time to time.

Mr.T
01-04-2010, 09:56
Good to hear some good feedback on Virgin Media for once! I know in such a big company you're bound to get poor service once in a while but when I was with them they were really excellent.

Graham M
01-04-2010, 10:00
April Fools? :p:

zing_deleted
01-04-2010, 10:12
April Fools? :p:

lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Eh, well, I've worked technical support, a long time ago. I know that 99% of people never acknowlege them when things are done right, but scream and yell when things don't go right. I just figured it'd be nice for those who do work technical support to see some positive feedback from time to time.

they are meant to do it right its their job they should be"trained" and I use that term lightly to do the job properly. Someone actually doing their job as they are meant to does not merit endless praise they of course merit a thank you at the end of the call but that is all.

Now those who do not do their job properly or have not been properly trained then they should be told as should those who employ then to pull their finger out

joglynne
01-04-2010, 10:14
I may be wrong but I had always assumed that my phone calls would be logged together with any action an agent took.

If this is the case then I would also assume that the agents name would show up on the screen if anyone wanted to check who I had been talking to. So it would still be worth writing in to VM if you want to dish out thanks or brickbats.

zing_deleted
01-04-2010, 10:14
Good to hear some good feedback on Virgin Media for once! I know in such a big company you're bound to get poor service once in a while but when I was with them they were really excellent.

When support is done on the cheap ( offshore) you pay the price in customers getting poor help. Often you can not understand what they say and more often than not they do not have a clue what you are on about either