PDA

View Full Version : Sagem Freeview PVR

Turkey Machine
28-03-2010, 20:27
My parents have had this hard disk recorder for a number of years. They like it, apart from one rather annoying thing it keeps doing.

Whenever it's switched on, it says "new channels have been detected on the flow". So you scan it, but there are no new channels. Every time it's switched on, the same message appears. No amount of channel scans gets rid of it.

Anybody know how to solve this one?

Scrubbs
28-03-2010, 20:56
I don't have a sagem but maybe there is a setting for checking for new channels in the setup menu? I had a freeview box used to do that, until I found out you could switch it off, a bit like windows update;)

multiskilled
28-03-2010, 21:21
Go into the menu and switch off network monitoring I can't remember the exact menu it is under, but when it asks for the pin number it is 1,2,3,4, (default).
This does mean when any new channels do appear you will have to do a manual retune as the box won't detect them.

Turkey Machine
03-04-2010, 21:42
Go into the menu and switch off network monitoring I can't remember the exact menu it is under, but when it asks for the pin number it is 1,2,3,4, (default).
This does mean when any new channels do appear you will have to do a manual retune as the box won't detect them.

Thanks, that did the trick. :)

multiskilled
04-04-2010, 19:10
Glad it worked. This problem seemed to appear after a network upgrade to transmitters a while ago.Not sure if Sagem have done a software update to resolve the problem, as it seems to affect all their stb's.

Turkey Machine
04-04-2010, 21:18
Glad it worked. This problem seemed to appear after a network upgrade to transmitters a while ago.Not sure if Sagem have done a software update to resolve the problem, as it seems to affect all their stb's.

Evidently not, as nothing's appeared in that vane of late. Can't see how to do a manual software search either.

multiskilled
04-04-2010, 22:35
The trouble with terrestrial software updates is they are not transmitted all the time, As the manufacturers have to pay for airtime on the multiplex. So they tend to be transmitted for a week at the most. As such if you miss them it is usually not transmitted again. So it is important to switch on automatic updates on freeview equipment.

Here is a link telling you what downloads are available for the following week. http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php