PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a repull

swirlingleaf
26-03-2010, 13:31
Hi all, new to the forum!:wavey:

I had a VM installation on 20th March, but the engineer informed me that I would need a repull, as the broadband and the on-demand are not working - also the TV is not right, some channels not showing and those that do are freezing and the sound is erratic. Trouble is I'm still waiting for a telephone call from someone to fix up a date for this repull (I'm told I need to be in because I live in a first floor flat), but despite phoning everyday to see what is going on, I have heard nothing at all. I was hoping to get my triple package all set up so that I can sit with my leg up after my knee surgery on April 7th and just enjoy the TV but I'm wondering if they'll even have phoned me by then, let alone set it up. Is this normal for VM? What should I do, any suggestions? :shrug:

MovedGoalPosts
26-03-2010, 13:39
Have you contact VM again to find out what their records show?

swirlingleaf
26-03-2010, 13:43
Hi Rob,
Yes, they have contacted the Area Manager about three times. And yesterday it was escalated up to the "Head Honcho" (I do know his name) but still nothing. I was promised a phone call yesterday with a date for the repull in the morning and installation in the afternoon, but alas nothing.

GazzaB
26-03-2010, 13:53
These issues do not need to happen! It drives me nuts that still many years after I left the business they still can't seem to communicate with their customers. All it takes is a phone call, when they promise to phone back then they should do it even if it's to say they are still looking into it!

Maybe there will be someone here who can get this passed up the chain and get it sorted for you Swirlingleaf? Seems so many peopel on this forum have to do the work Virgin should be doing themselves

swirlingleaf
26-03-2010, 15:31
Thanks GazzaB, I hope someone can help. I've just phoned again and the customer care person got through to the installs team and they have left a message with this elusive area manager who should be calling me back. But this has been the same scenario every day this week.

MovedGoalPosts
26-03-2010, 16:21
swirlingleaf, if you want to send me a PM with your Virgin Media account name, address and a daytime phone number I'll see if we can get the forum's VM contacts to assist. They aren't front line so don't always act immediately (it might be after the weekend now), but they do have the clout to bang peoples heads together.

Digital Fanatic
26-03-2010, 17:19
Sorry to hear this has happened swirlingleaf :(

Take Robs offer above as they can help in this matter :tu:

swirlingleaf
26-03-2010, 17:30
thanks Rob and Digital Fanatic. Rob, I've PMed you,

swirlingleaf

MovedGoalPosts
26-03-2010, 17:35
Details forwarded to our contacts. Let us know what happens, but as I say it might be after the weekend now.

swirlingleaf
26-03-2010, 18:02
OK will do, thanks Rob.

swirlingleaf
29-03-2010, 13:32
Hi again, I got a phone call from VM on Sunday afternoon, and a date has been set up for the cable work to be done - April 9th. Fingers crossed they will turn up and all will be sorted. Thanks for the help Rob, seems to have done the trick. I'll let you know what happens.

MovedGoalPosts
29-03-2010, 16:31
Glad to hear things are moving forward.

swirlingleaf
10-04-2010, 10:47
Hi again,

The two guys came on Friday as promised to sort out my installation. They renewed the cable and it only took them about half an hour. It's all working and up and running now - TV and broadband! Very happy now, and thanks to Rob for your assistance, and to everyone for their concern and support!

Best wishes, Swirlingleaf

MovedGoalPosts
10-04-2010, 14:25
Thanks for the update. Enjoy your VM services. :tu:

Digital Fanatic
10-04-2010, 19:32
Good to hear. :tu:

speedfreak
10-04-2010, 19:51
Another good result brought on by CF, thumbs up to the team :clap:

It would annoy the hell out of me though having to go through all that just for the sake of 30 minutes work!