PDA

View Full Version : 50MB dropping out with T3 & T4 errors

hazzaman
18-03-2010, 00:05
Hi,

I upgraded to 50meg about 2 months ago and its been great until about 3 weeks ago.

It now drops out every few days, and tonight it has dropped 3 or 4 times. When this happens, I am unable to get to the modem web page until it is reset. Looking at the logs, I get the following errors:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-
Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-
Ranging Request Retries exausted;CM-
Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-

I seem to get these 4 errors every time it drops. VM have looked at the modem remotely and the power levels are spot on. Seeing as I am unable to get to the modem when it drops out, could this be an issue with a faulty modem?

Thanks

Chris

GMCinema
18-03-2010, 12:03
Had exactly the same issue last night starting at around 20:00 ..... Connection dropped as the modem was struggeling to keep the link alive with SNR's dipping below 27dB .... same as you after a while modem
was unhreachable at 192.168.100.1. Power cycle brought is back up. Did this several times. This morning SNR's ar back to a mere 30dB and I have a connection. Seems that "Network" a fiddeling with wiring somewhere.