PDA

View Full Version : Virgin say they can't give me the TV, but a friends has it 2 minutes away from me

Paddy92
16-03-2010, 20:28
As the title says.

I had NTL before it was virgin. I have all the cables here at my house. There should be no problems right? I can't ring back now becouse they're closed so I;m going to ring in the morning.

They can the phone and the broadband, but not the tv?

Ben B
16-03-2010, 20:30
Hi and :welcome:,

This seems odd, what message do you get if you put your postcode and address in on the Virgin Media website? http://allyours.virginmedia.com, if you can you might be better ordering online anyway cause you can get the free installation then as well.

Ben :)

Paddy92
16-03-2010, 20:34
Hi and :welcome:,

This seems odd, what message do you get if you put your postcode and address in on the Virgin Media website? http://allyours.virginmedia.com, if you can you might be better ordering online anyway cause you can get the free installation then as well.

Ben :)

Hi and thanks. :D

I just check and it says:

Cable services
Because you're in a fibre optic cable area, you can get all this.

Up to 50Mb broadband
Over 165 digital TV channels
Great value home phone packages
So help yourself to fibre optic broadband, the very best digital TV, and phone services.

:p: so It's true I can. so I wonder why the guy on the phone said I couldn't?

Thanks a lot for that link ben.

Ben B
16-03-2010, 20:38
Aye, that does seem strange that the guy on the phone would say that. I'd say you'd be best ordering it online anyway cause of the free installation and the less hassle of it.

Paddy92
16-03-2010, 20:42
I'm going to order it on-line.

Do you know roughly how long it might take for them to install everything?

The reason I'm switching over is because 8 months ago I agreed a contract with Sky. 8 months on and all I have is the TV boxes. They never got round to fitting the broadband or phone line. My phone is still with Virgin.

Ben B
16-03-2010, 20:52
I'm going to order it on-line.

Do you know roughly how long it might take for them to install everything?

The reason I'm switching over is because 8 months ago I agreed a contract with Sky. 8 months on and all I have is the TV boxes. They never got round to fitting the broadband or phone line. My phone is still with Virgin.
I'm not sure but from past experience it's been within 3 weeks. Ah, since your phoneline is already with Virgin you are going to need the existing customer form which can be found here http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existing-customer/upgrade.html. If they try charging you for installation just ring up and complain and they should deduct it for you. Unless you are planning on having V+, make sure they only charge you £49 for V+ as that is the current offer.

N00N00
16-03-2010, 20:55
Don't forget you can get loads of cashback on signing up for Virgin Media - use a site such as Quidco or topcashback

tvtimes
16-03-2010, 21:21
If you have fiibre to the home and can get their broadband service than you can definitely get tv as it comes down the same fibre there is no difference.