PDA

View Full Version : Prospective customer... subscription in Portsmouth (Southsea) area?

fus1on
15-03-2010, 21:48
Hi,

Having heard such mixed information about Virgins services, and never been a customer myself, I want to find out what the subscription is like in Southsea.
I'm looking at signing up for the 50mbit because the line distance from BT means a maximum of 4mbit, and a very unstable connection.

I work from home during the day so a stable connection is a necessity, but with a lot of reports of saturated upstream in specific areas causing problems for Virgin customers I'm not sure whether it's the best way to go or not.

Can anyone obtain this kind of information prior to me signing a contract? The postcode for the area is PO5.

Thanks,
Chris.

soup dragon
15-03-2010, 22:36
im in PO3 and can count on the fingers of 1 hand the downtimes I have had in the past 4 years but i was on 2 then 10 and now 20Meg

broadbandking
16-03-2010, 10:49
Hi,

Having heard such mixed information about Virgins services, and never been a customer myself, I want to find out what the subscription is like in Southsea.
I'm looking at signing up for the 50mbit because the line distance from BT means a maximum of 4mbit, and a very unstable connection.

I work from home during the day so a stable connection is a necessity, but with a lot of reports of saturated upstream in specific areas causing problems for Virgin customers I'm not sure whether it's the best way to go or not.

Can anyone obtain this kind of information prior to me signing a contract? The postcode for the area is PO5.

Thanks,
Chris.

Best ask any of your neigbours in your street to see what issue they have had, I can't comment on the area but my 50Mb has been great.

Hiawatha
16-03-2010, 20:32
I'm in PO12 area, been on 20mb speed for about 1 year, stable line constantly. Don't know about 50mb

DigitalShadow
16-03-2010, 21:51
Was in PO4 had 50mbit, would run at 50mbit all day not a problem, had 20mbit before ran just fine.