PDA

View Full Version : Computer say no!

michjjones
11-03-2010, 17:14
Hi
I understand that my building was cabled by NTL in 1998 when it was built. There are 100 flats of which 90 flats can get virgin TV and 10 flats which includes mine that can't.

The flat next to mine seperated by a partion wall has virgin TV however when I placed the order with Virgin I was told I can only get broadband and not TV and phone. Virgin could not explain why except the computer said no!

Could anyone shed light on why I can't get service but my neighbours in the block can. Is it wrong info on virgins system or something else?

Virgin refuse to send someone out to check, and my building management company refuse to install a sky dish as we are cabled. Stalemate!!:(

Digital Fanatic
11-03-2010, 17:34
Hi
I understand that my building was cabled by NTL in 1998 when it was built. There are 100 flats of which 90 flats can get virgin TV and 10 flats which includes mine that can't.

The flat next to mine seperated by a partion wall has virgin TV however when I placed the order with Virgin I was told I can only get broadband and not TV and phone. Virgin could not explain why except the computer said no!

Could anyone shed light on why I can't get service but my neighbours in the block can. Is it wrong info on virgins system or something else?

Virgin refuse to send someone out to check, and my building management company refuse to install a sky dish as we are cabled. Stalemate!!:(

What does the online postcode / address checker say on the VM site?

click Me! (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/?buspart=Portal_HP_topnav_1_1)

michjjones
11-03-2010, 17:43
Hi

The postcode is the same for the building and when I click on my flat number it says

"You're not in a fibre optic area, but can still get our brilliant broadband down your phone line"

If I click on my neighbours flat number it says

Because you're in a fibre optic cable area, you can get all this.

Up to 50Mb broadband
Over 165 digital TV channels
Great value home phone packages
So help yourself to fibre optic broadband, the very best digital TV, and phone services

Help!

Chris
11-03-2010, 17:44
You need to fill in the spotters form:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html

Digital Fanatic
11-03-2010, 17:48
You need to fill in the spotters form:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html

Yes... the spotter could make the address seviceable. For some unknown reason your flat is marked as off network.

Fill the form in and a spotter will give you a call.

michjjones
11-03-2010, 17:50
Hi

I have just completed the form. Thanks

Digital Fanatic
11-03-2010, 18:06
Hi

I have just completed the form. Thanks

Let us know how you get on :)

michjjones
12-03-2010, 17:15
Spotter say yes!

Just spoken to a spotter who deals with my building on a regular basis. It seems Virgin database has incorrect information for some of the flats in the building and I can get full virgin media services.

He has just placed another order for me and hopefully I can be connected by end of the month.

NB:Not sure how the database can be corrected for all the flats in the building?

Digital Fanatic
12-03-2010, 18:25
Spotter say yes!

Just spoken to a spotter who deals with my building on a regular basis. It seems Virgin database has incorrect information for some of the flats in the building and I can get full virgin media services.

He has just placed another order for me and hopefully I can be connected by end of the month.

NB:Not sure how the database can be corrected for all the flats in the building?

the spotter usually gets it sorted.. may take a few days though to update... good news for you though :tu: