PDA

View Full Version : New install and upgrade (already) query

Kabaal
11-03-2010, 16:43
Hi, i'm about to have the 20meg service along with the L TV and M phone installed on Monday. The thing is that i'm now regretting choosing 20meg due to the upload speed being so dreadful.

I'm going from BT where i got about 850KB/s down and 40-50KB/s up and while going on the 20meg service will drastically increase my down up to 2500KB/s ideally but the up will only be around 90KB/s. In my eyes that is an atrocious speed.

So my question is if i phone Virgin up after the install will they allow me to upgrade to 50meg, will they charge me extra (apart from the install), will i be able to haggle some sort of deal, or will i be forced to stick with what i ordered for a set period? I don't mind paying the extra monthly fee but wondering if i will be paying more than if i'd outright ordered it in the first place and what extras i'll need to fork out in a nutshell.

Any info will be much appreciated, cheers.

telfordcable
11-03-2010, 16:44
phone up and cancel order and re-order again with 50 meg

Kabaal
11-03-2010, 17:30
I'd considered that, but won't that add another couple of weeks onto my install date? I would assume it wouldn't, in my mind, but when dealing with companies it pays to assume the worst :p

AndyCalling
11-03-2010, 22:15
From what I hear there are only a limited number of 50meg installers in each area, so it may take a little longer to get a visit. Still, they will be able to tell you this when you call so ask and see. You can't lose by asking.

Welshchris
11-03-2010, 22:36
Hi, i'm about to have the 20meg service along with the L TV and M phone installed on Monday. The thing is that i'm now regretting choosing 20meg due to the upload speed being so dreadful.

I'm going from BT where i got about 850KB/s down and 40-50KB/s up and while going on the 20meg service will drastically increase my down up to 2500KB/s ideally but the up will only be around 90KB/s. In my eyes that is an atrocious speed.

So my question is if i phone Virgin up after the install will they allow me to upgrade to 50meg, will they charge me extra (apart from the install), will i be able to haggle some sort of deal, or will i be forced to stick with what i ordered for a set period? I don't mind paying the extra monthly fee but wondering if i will be paying more than if i'd outright ordered it in the first place and what extras i'll need to fork out in a nutshell.

Any info will be much appreciated, cheers.

Depending on area u will wait 2-3 weeks for install of 50mb.