PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Downloads

nyan
08-03-2010, 19:57
Hi there,

I have been having a problem with virgin now for about two weeks (seemed ok over the weekend but is bust again now).
Whenever myself or anyone I live with is downloading/streaming anything the internet appears to freeze and whatever we are downloading freezes too and will not resume downloading ie downloads from bbc iplayer or trying to watch a video on u tube... the bar loads a little way then just stops!

I am in the N19 area of london... not sure if that helps :)

I have seen a few similar posts but am not sure if this is caused by virgin... or could it be my router... applologies im not too good with this sort of thing!

Any advice much appreciared!

C

pip08456
08-03-2010, 20:24
Could be the router, only way to check is a direct link from modem to PC and go from there.

nyan
08-03-2010, 21:26
This may be a silly question... but how do I do that? Sorry... and thank you!

pip08456
08-03-2010, 22:48
The router connects to the modem via an ethernet lead. Unplug this lead from the router and connect it to a PC or laptop, restart the modem and you will be hard wired direct.

If the problem persists we can look elsewhere but the router is favourite and a good place to start.

nyan
08-03-2010, 23:36
I have just tried that... everythng is fine when I am plugged in... so I guess it muct be the router! Thank you very much for helping me find the problem. Much appreciated!

:)

pip08456
08-03-2010, 23:42
If it is a VM supplied router get on to them and they will change it for you.