PDA

View Full Version : Need 15m of Virgin Coax (UTFC-T10)

CPDawson
08-03-2010, 16:32
Hi, hope this is the right forum.

Basically I need 15m of UTFC coax in black, is there any installers that could help me out?

My existing coax feed has been vandalised and Virgin simply won't budge on the £99 charge, can't threaten to cancel as I'm still under contract for TV and I don't want to anyway.

I don't want to use other types of coax as they're not designed for CATV and I have the official connectors and tools to fit myself.

So could anyone help out? Thanks. :D

Ben B
08-03-2010, 16:48
Report it as a fault and they should do it for nothing, as people on here have found going through the wire with the lawnmower has been FOC to sort out

sniper007
08-03-2010, 16:51
I've got some left over cable from my install at my old house but it's white.

Ben B
08-03-2010, 17:01
I've got some left over cable from my install at my old house but it's white.
Unfortunately that wouldn't do as it's indoor cable the white one I think

Spectato
08-03-2010, 18:12
Report it as a fault and they should do it for nothing, as people on here have found going through the wire with the lawnmower has been FOC to sort out
That sounds like the best idea.
Just phone them again and tell them your Internet isn't working, and you have no idea why!
Be as vague as possible. :dunce:
Sit through all the "switch your modem off and back on" type stuff, and when they eventually send an engineer out, he'd have to be a total arse not to replace the damaged coax for you (hopefully FOC).

(Yes, I said FOC as well - Tee Hee!)

zing_deleted
08-03-2010, 19:01

if you go through the cable with your lawnmower then it was never buried deep enough in the first place as I found whilst digging my borders just 3 inches down. IMO that makes the initial install inadequate and should be FOC to repair

Peter_
08-03-2010, 19:25
As your cable has apparently been vandalised then the fault is not of your doing and they should just fix it free of charge.

You need to ring up and explain exactly what happened and if they say the same thing again about charging you, you must then ask to speak to a manager who should be more flexible.

The other option is to call Retentions on the option thinking of leaving us on 150 and see if they can help.

If you get no joy try PMing a moderator and maybe they can help you by contacting one of their Virginmedia contacts.

That sounds like the best idea.
Just phone them again and tell them your Internet isn't working, and you have no idea why!

It will have already been noted in the account notes, so not a viable idea.;)