PDA

View Full Version : Moving house need to move sky...

Tricky
07-03-2010, 22:45
I have been a subscriber of Sky since the analog days (remember those?) back in 1992 - I am about to move house soon to a property without a Sky dish.

House (Bungalow) faces South and therefore I don't want a dish on the front, I would like Sky to install the dish on the side of the house (on a pole) and run the cables (don't mind paying for the pole to get what I want).

I also want them to run a set of cables into another room (I don't take multiroom) as I have multiple boxes.

Another dimension is that I have a SKY+HD box (although purchased from EBAY) I am not a SKY+HD subscriber.

Do you think I can get a dish etc. installed as I want without having to pay a sum of cash to the $KY rip off crew? I would also like to try get a new SKY HD box so that I can get one under a contract (happy to have a 12 month) therefore allowing me to use existing one in other room.

Advice?

Paul K
08-03-2010, 07:20
You would probably be better off getting a local installer to do the groundwork and then call Sky in for the final installation. The sky installer won't care what boxes you have, he is there to connect them up. If the pole is ready and in position you should be ok as long as it's not too high up or not too hard to get to otherwise the "at heights" team will be needed for a non-standard install.