PDA

View Full Version : Installation day

r94yan
07-03-2010, 10:45
Just a few questions about the install day(VIP Package)

1. I have already got a virgin cable running into my house, does this mean they will not require to do anything.

2. Is there two fibre optic cables, one for Broadband and one for TV running into the house, or is there just one that splits.

3. Can the engineer put the BB cable anywhere in the house

4. i am getting two V+ HD boxes, do they supply with both HDMI and the scart lead, or just one of them depending on TV (Have One HD tv and one SD TV)

Thanks for the replies

jb66
07-03-2010, 10:49
They may need to do some internal wiring

One cable no fibre optical, and a telco cable

yes if u don't mind wires

if you ask for 2 cables the installer should have 2 in his van for you (1 per v+)

r94yan
07-03-2010, 10:56
thanks, with regrad to the last question/answer, as we are thinking about getting another HD TV to replace the SD they will give us both a scart cable and HDMI as well as another HDMI for the upstairs TV

jb66
07-03-2010, 11:27
HDMI cables are only 2 pound and look almost identical to the ones VM provide

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=105192&source=webgains&siteid=20363

Scarts are just as cheap so dont worry

nodrogd
07-03-2010, 11:38
As long as the incoming cable has not been damaged it will be usable. TV/BB is coax fed with phone separate. The preferable route for cables would be around the outside of the house to the nearest point on the wall. The coax can be split inside or outside. Be aware that engineers will not lift floorboards etc and if you need to go through internal walls it would be a good idea to pre-drill them yourself.

Digital Fanatic
07-03-2010, 11:46
thanks, with regrad to the last question/answer, as we are thinking about getting another HD TV to replace the SD they will give us both a scart cable and HDMI as well as another HDMI for the upstairs TV

Tech will only give you what is needed on day of install, Customer Care will send out another HDMI cable if you request it, once you have another HD TV.

HTH