PDA

View Full Version : keep on getting disconnected every 1 hour getting fed up of it.

huyi
03-03-2010, 00:03
i have a ADSL-d link router modem hybrid (DSL-2640R) 10mb connection, every 1 hour or random times of the day i get disconnected for long periods, i have a ps3 and i get signed out as soon as i get signed in so it is pointless going online on my ps3 for any online games, i have contacted customer services and was told to contact them if the problem persists again, but i want to get some advice here before i call them again. also how can i reach them via newsgroups? i have no idea how to set that up.

i cannot browser the internet properly like this and i don't see why i have to keep paying virgin media £25 every month when i am getting very poor services like this.

my internet connection was fine when i first set it up in november last year, but not anymore.

Welshchris
03-03-2010, 01:48
When you say disconnected what you mean? The router disconnects and not sync'd ?

huyi
03-03-2010, 18:09
well i don't know, the router has a red light and i cannot use my internet browser or connect to the PSN when it does this, while typing this message it disconnected again. :(

*sloman*
04-03-2010, 17:17
Try using DMT tool to change your Attenuation/SNR it will lower your speed but give you more stable line

list of supported modems here http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://dmt.mhilfe.de/&ei=uOqPS-DxGY3w0gSX2djiDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBUQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddmt%2Btool%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Remember ADSL is affected by all sorts, when i was with Be* some people on the forum said they lost 1-2mb sync speed when birds were sitting on their line lol.

guide on how to use DMT Tool here http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/DMTv7.htm

Bandit127
04-03-2010, 19:07
Try setting the DHCP lease time on your router to 1 week.

That solved the same problem for me.

huyi
04-03-2010, 19:25
i called them today and they checked my phone line, told me to use the phone socket behind the phone socket thing if that makes any sense, so far i had one disconnect at 6:33pm lets see if i get anymore, if i do i have to call them for a report.

badhairday
04-03-2010, 19:55
huyi "told me to use the phone socket behind the phone socket thing if that makes any sense,"
There is another phone socket inside your main socket. You have to remove the front cover to access it.

With me when my internet played up it was ALWAYS the modem. Its been replaced twice so far.
If you have not already search other parts of this site, I am sure your problem is far from unique. Let us know what happens

huyi
06-03-2010, 01:46
it is still disconnecting, i will be calling them tomorrow and demand a replacement.

huyi
13-03-2010, 20:21
another update, well they say they have requested internet techs to come and "fix" the line but i am still having the same problems, because of their poor customer service and unable to fix the problem i am going to have to buy a new router out of my own pocket thanks to virgin media!