PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Virgin 50mb and DLink-615

spanner1979
02-03-2010, 18:32
Right I am now at my wits end here.

Had the install done on Friday after upgrading from my 20mb package.

Situation is thus.

I have an Apple Power Book G4 which connects to the router through airport which is fine. Max download speed is 20mb on this purely as had G wireless and not N but not the issue.

Have an iMac which has bootcamp installed enabling me to use OSX and Windows Vista on the same machine. Works fine with OSX and get download speed of 49990 and upload 1593 respectively.

Here is the problem.

When under Vista environment the router will not connect to my iMac at all. It will either just kick the connection of will spend ages identifying it and then come up with connected but local only with limited connectivity. I have made sure the drivers are up to date etc under vista and to no avail. The adaptor is a Broadcom 802.11n adaptor.

When i hard wire the iMac in to the router again works fine at max speed. After spending 3 hours on the phone with the tech guys and going round and round in circles he reckons that my TCPIP needs reinstalling? What sort of answer is that!

Blackberry and Android phone wont connect to router through push button, Pin or manual setup nor will the windows side of the iMac. I really have run out of ideas!

Help appreciated!

Spanner