PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a better deal?

weemax
26-02-2010, 13:12
Hi all

I am currently on 10Mb cable & I am paying around £22 per month. Oh, I have had cable for almost 2 years now.

I was wondering if I phoned up to cancel, would I be offered any incentive to stay? Perhaps an upgrade to 20Mb or something along those lines?

I have just had sky HD installed & to be honest, I could easily get the BB deal with sky BUT I would have to accept a 2mb line so would rather stay with Virgin, but I am flexible to moving away from Virgin if needbe.

Cheers.

Sleeper919
26-02-2010, 13:56
The upgrade to 20Mb is pushing it quite a bit. It's unlikely you'd get that. Do you have a Virgin phone line with one of their phone packages? Including that with the broadband could net you a better deal.

broadbandking
26-02-2010, 15:17
The more services you have the better deal you can recieve, best call them up and enquire.

weemax
26-02-2010, 15:54
Thanks guys, no I have the cable broadband only.

Maybe Ill give them a ring. Cheers for the help.

watzizname
27-02-2010, 02:26
I phoned them in november and told them i had more important things i'd rather spend my cash on, and without any fuss whatsoever, they offered me 10Mb L for £10 (£15 if you don't have Direct Debit set up) per month.

When you phone, select the "thinking of leaving us" option, that way you'll be talking with someone who can actually make deals.

You'll have to go through the same process again in 6 months, but the savings are well worth it.

weemax
02-03-2010, 13:48
Cheers for that m8, will give them a ring this evening to see what they say :)