PDA

View Full Version : 2 Connections - One House

Tsuzanxi
25-02-2010, 22:20
I was on 2Mb broadband until April last year when i decided to cancel my service with VM. However, despite having the payments and contract ceased I found out I was still receiving the service... Which I ugh, didn't use at all...

However, today I received my home-setup kit for my newly ordered 10Mb service with them (I decided to go back with them) however, the old 2Mb connection and modem still work along side the new 10Mb equipment. Is the 2Mb connection safe to use as a spare/backup connection? (If say I'm torrenting ugh... opensource linux distros but want to do some gaming at the same time?)

Also, any idea why the old modem still works? Should it?

If this is dodgy I'll be sure to make VM aware of this...

:angel:

BenMcr
25-02-2010, 22:24
No the old modem should not work. I'm surprised it has work as long as it has.

The only reason it may still be working is due to an IT error - however it's unlikely to work for much longer as Virgin are in the process of purging any modems that are not connecting to a paid account

xintas
25-02-2010, 22:24
Surely common sense dictates that using something you are not paying for is theft?

I recommend that you call VM and make them aware that the old modem is still working so that they can take it off the network, before they notice you are using it.

Xin