PDA

View Full Version : UK Timeline Christmas break yet to return

Hom3r
22-02-2010, 15:41
Before Christmas I was watching the following programmes, but they broke for christmas.

Sunday - Sky 1 - The Fringe

Monday - five - Flashforward

Tuesday - Sky 1 - Stargate Universe

Tuseday - Sci-fi - Warehouse 13 (I think it finished, new season in 2010)

Wednesday - Sky 1 - CIS: Los Angeles

Is there any news of their return?

Paul
22-02-2010, 16:08
The reason for most of these is that thy have been delayed re-starting in the US.

Flashforward resumes in mid March, expect C5 to follow suit a few days later.

Stargate does not resume until the start of April

Fringe also resumes at the start of April

Warehouse 13 is a "summer" series in the US, I havent seen any confirmed date, but expect it in July.

NoKnowledge
22-02-2010, 16:24
Fringe Returns March (I read March 2nd or 9th somewhere)

FlashForward Returns March

Stargate Universe Returns April

NCIS:LA Returns March

BenMcr
22-02-2010, 16:27
You can add Bones to that list - Summer on Sky 1. 4 episodes already broadcast - rest in April. Not sure why there is double break there!

NoKnowledge
22-02-2010, 16:45
Bones Returns March (I got 11th MarcH)

BenMcr
22-02-2010, 16:47
Ooh they've bumped it up :)

zing_deleted
22-02-2010, 17:05
pees me off a treat .Lie to me is also on an extended break till around the same time

colin25
22-02-2010, 19:04
ditto on the "you guys have peed me off"

I had a list of programs I was getting into, mostly the list above (i'd add house, drop Bones and ncis)

Frustrating as I will probably need a brain implant to remember what happened before it stopped. Or at least a brain :)

BenMcr
22-02-2010, 19:07
FX UK have done well this year with NCIS. better than their previous efforts :)

v0id
22-02-2010, 20:30
It's the damn winter olympics and the bloomin' Superbowls fault

Paul
22-02-2010, 20:43
Ooh they've bumped it up :)
No they havent. New eps do not start until the beginning of April. As I said before Finge is the same.

ianp2009
22-02-2010, 20:51
its so annoying having to wait so long :(

ian

BenMcr
22-02-2010, 20:54
No they havent. New eps do not start until the beginning of April. As I said before Finge is the same.
Not what Digital Spy says though:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a204130/sky1-confirms-house-bones-return.html

Hugh Laurie fronted House resumes its sixth season on Sunday, March 7 in a 10pm slot, with Fringe following two days later on March 9.

Bones makes its way back to UK screens on Thursday, March 11 at at 10pm, while Lie To Me is yet to be confirmed.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

I think the reason is Fringe and Bones have broadcast episodes in Jan/Feb but then break again till April

So if Sky 1 start showing episodes again in March they will catch up when they restart in the US

However Stargate doesn't return until April in the US

Paul
22-02-2010, 21:06
Not what Digital Spy says though:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a204130/sky1-confirms-house-bones-return.html

Interesting, it seems Sky are much farther behind than I thought, the episode on March 11th is listed as S05E11 - which I have already seen. The next new one in the US is S05E15, at the start of April.

BenMcr
22-02-2010, 21:10
The last one Sky 1 showed was the 'The Goop on the Girl' - the one with Zooey Deschanel

NoKnowledge
06-03-2010, 13:01
FlashForward Returns March (expected 22 March)

NCIS:LA Returns March (March 15 @ 2200hrs (moved from a Wednesday))

Maggy
06-03-2010, 16:16
Frankly I've lost interest.Who can keep up with any plot line under these circumstances?:banghead:

If the CIS NY,Miami and the original CIS can keep it going why the hell can't the rest? :confused:

Tezcatlipoca
06-03-2010, 16:32
The various CSI shows have had breaks in the US. If they've had unbroken runs over here, it's only because we are behind.

It's a standard thing in the US for network shows to go on hiatus, sometimes for a few weeks, sometimes for a month or more. It's more noticeable to UK viewers now due to some shows being broadcast here *very* soon after the US broadcast, causing us to have the same delays as the Americans have.

The current hiatus many shows are on, or have just finished, is larger than usual due to the Winter Olympics.

cimt
06-03-2010, 16:36
That's the difference between UK TV and US TV. Over here every episode tends to be filmed before airing with usually no breaks or maybe one if football or another sport is on. In the US they tend to be double the episodes infront of which one is airing. So if episode 8 is airing then they maybe recording episode 16. That's what I've noticed anyway. Also, US TV tends to air from September to May. I dunno about mid-season shows.

Tezcatlipoca
06-03-2010, 16:44
Yup. Our TV shows generally have much shorter runs of around 6-13 episodes (apart from endless soaps), & are shown uninterrupted over a shorter period.

US shows generally have longer runs (20-24 episodes), and each "season" is spread over a longer period than in the UK. The "Fall Season" is longer than the actual "season" of the TV show, and so there have to be gaps every so often to pad it out.

I think mid-season / Summer shows tend to be shown fairly uninterrupted, due to the "mid-season" period being shorter & due to the actual "season" of each show being shorter (13 eps maybe). Although some shows do have one half shown in the summer, & then another half shown several months later after a rather long hiatus (e.g. Burn Notice).

Maggy
06-03-2010, 16:47
And they wonder why viewers lose interest...and then shows get cancelled because of falling audiences.

It's a crazy way to produce a product.:rolleyes:

Tezcatlipoca
06-03-2010, 16:56
It works well most of the time. US audiences are used to it.

I think loss of interest is only usually a problem after abnormally long breaks...e.g. during the WGA Strike (which screwed up various shows, not just due to viewers losing interest due to the increased hiatus).

Other than V & Flash Forward, I don't think any of the "Fall Season" shows have been off air for too long, even with the Olympics.

Maggy
06-03-2010, 17:13

I think loss of interest is only usually a problem after abnormally long breaks...e.g. during the WGA Strike (which screwed up various shows, not just due to viewers losing interest due to the increased hiatus).

Other than V & Flash Forward, I don't think any of the "Fall Season" shows have been off air for too long, even with the Olympics.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for so many damned repeats of said shows and of previous series of said shows to the point I don't where I am..

It's got so I barely watch any TV.

Turkey Machine
10-03-2010, 13:17

This could be why E4 shows Scrubs in blocks of 2 episodes.