PDA

View Full Version : i want VM but not got cable

loony123
21-02-2010, 18:13
hi there i really want VM broadband but the street i live on hasn't got cable but surrounding streets only 20m-25m away do have cable im basically righting to ask if it is possible for me to get cable.

and also when getting VM broadband is the free installation, the actual cable installation or just software installation.

many thanks

:)

Digital Fanatic
21-02-2010, 22:28
hi there i really want VM broadband but the street i live on hasn't got cable but surrounding streets only 20m-25m away do have cable im basically righting to ask if it is possible for me to get cable.

and also when getting VM broadband is the free installation, the actual cable installation or just software installation.

many thanks

:)

Hi :welcome:

If you can drum up enough potential customers in your street then you can contact Virgin Media by email at cablemystreet@virginmedia.co.uk

They will then see if it's profitable.... obviously if it's just you then you don't have much of a chance.

loony123
21-02-2010, 22:48
do you no anything about the installation

if not is there actually anyway of me getting cable becasue im realy interested in using it so much easier like any companies that will install a cable for me i know it might be pricey but do you have any suggestions ?

Digital Fanatic
21-02-2010, 23:03
do you no anything about the installation

if not is there actually anyway of me getting cable becasue im realy interested in using it so much easier like any companies that will install a cable for me i know it might be pricey but do you have any suggestions ?

You can only get cable broadband from Virgin Media, anything else will be illegal even if it was possible.

Joe_Curry
22-02-2010, 11:33
Hi :welcome:

If you can drum up enough potential customers in your street then you can contact Virgin Media by email at cablemystreet@virginmedia.co.uk

They will then see if it's profitable.... obviously if it's just you then you don't have much of a chance.

Where can i view cable plans/cable network plans.

Peter_
22-02-2010, 11:36
Where can i view cable plans/cable network plans.
You can try this within the public domain http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

Joe_Curry
22-02-2010, 11:41
You can try this within the public domain http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

sorry, what are the actual drawings plans showing where the cables are. the maps dont zoom down to street level on there.

also and i know this isnt relevant to this discussion, is there anyway i can change my username?

Peter_
22-02-2010, 11:47
sorry, what are the actual drawings plans showing where the cables are. the maps dont zoom down to street level on there.

also and i know this isnt relevant to this discussion, is there anyway i can change my username?
You pm a Moderator and request a change of username.

I rather doubt that the are any publicly available plans.

Joe_Curry
22-02-2010, 11:57
You pm a Moderator and request a change of username.

I rather doubt that the are any publicly available plans.

I work for a utility company and would have thought they should all be publically available (ours certainly are) as if i was digging in my garden i should be able to apply for plans.
I have access to some through a company, however unfortunately if an area is uncabled it wont zoom out to show me the nearest cabled area, which is pain tbh.

thanks for the help with the other question.