PDA

View Full Version : AV sender knocking out internet

berty_buk
18-02-2010, 12:09
Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I have just bought a 2.4ghz av sender for my V+ box and 3 receivers, however when i put them on no matter what channel it knocks off my wireless broadband!

Is there anything I can do apart from buy some 5.2ghz kit?

punky
18-02-2010, 12:12
You need to run your wireless sender and router on different channels within the 2.4ghz band.

Log in to your router and your should find a place toi change it (a number between 1-12). Also on the bottom of my wireless sender there is an switch to change mine between 4 preset channels.

Just play with them both until you find two channels they are both happy on. Usually put one on the highest, one on the lowest and go from there.

nefu
18-02-2010, 13:04
If they are in close proximity changing the channel may not help. You can get 5ghz senders which will solve this problem.

Kymmy
18-02-2010, 14:19
If they are in close proximity changing the channel may not help. You can get 5ghz senders which will solve this problem.

Known to happen quite a lot with cheap (badly filtered) or high power senders.. I have a 2w version that can wipe out the Wifi a couple of houses up and down the street.. Thank gawd I only have to use it at shows..

Brettiex
18-02-2010, 15:52
I bet your neighbours love you, not!

punky
18-02-2010, 16:10

Mine are within 3' of the router. I don't get any problems. The other end is also abour 4' from a 2.4ghz wireless phone.

Stuart
18-02-2010, 17:00
Known to happen quite a lot with cheap (badly filtered) or high power senders.. I have a 2w version that can wipe out the Wifi a couple of houses up and down the street.. Thank gawd I only have to use it at shows..

You could always use it to wind up your neighbours.

Pauls9
18-02-2010, 17:03
Used to do that with a CB radio when kids were running their radio controlled cars up and down the road. Great fun watching their confusion. (Just for a minute or two - I'm not that hard-hearted!)