PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Outage in NW9

crazyronnie
16-02-2010, 18:09
Telephone line has been out since 10:30 today. Can't receive incoming calls as it comes up as user busy. Anyone else having the same problem?

Bofrok
20-02-2010, 18:59
Telephone line has been out since 10:30 today. Can't receive incoming calls as it comes up as user busy. Anyone else having the same problem?

Been told our phones are down in N9. Only found out this afternoon around 2.45pm but not home to report it. Nothing on the service status pages or the recorded information line but thats not unusual.

Have often found in the past that when services are down in NW9 they are down in parts of N9 :confused:

Digital Fanatic
20-02-2010, 19:10
Been told our phones are down in N9. Only found out this afternoon around 2.45pm but not home to report it. Nothing on the service status pages or the recorded information line but thats not unusual.

Have often found in the past that when services are down in NW9 they are down in parts of N9 :confused:

Most telephone outages affect around 20 customers, so wouldn't warrant a status page posting as this would cause confusion for other people in that postcode thinking they were part of an outage.

Most telephone outages don't cross on to other postcodes either, unless the cab they are all fed on is bordering the other postcode, so any outages in other postcodes at the same time are usually just coincidence.

If you were one of the 1st to call in about your fault, then VM would be in the process of adding an announcment to the IVR.. we message all telephone outages regardless of size. It is important to type in your telephone number so the system recognises you are on that cab affected by the outage when calling in on 0845 454 1111 HTH. :)

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

:welcome: to the forum by the way :)

Bofrok
20-02-2010, 19:36
OK thanks for the explanation, makes sense if its low numbers like that. Just seemed strange as NW9 is around 7 miles from me. Have to see what its like when I'm home tomorrow......if I can stop shivering :(

Thanks for the welcome. Been a long time reader but never posted.

Digital Fanatic
20-02-2010, 19:45
OK thanks for the explanation, makes sense if its low numbers like that. Just seemed strange as NW9 is around 7 miles from me. Have to see what its like when I'm home tomorrow......if I can stop shivering

Thanks for the welcome. Been a long time reader but never posted. :(

Hope you get your phone back soon... most outages are between 4-8 hours.

Bofrok
21-02-2010, 14:49
Hope you get your phone back soon... most outages are between 4-8 hours.

Unfortunately its a fault our end so engineer booked for Tuesday.

Wonder if crazyronnie got his phone back?