PDA

View Full Version : Another general outage?

MrSums
12-02-2010, 13:33
Is the current outage Nationwide?

According to Service Status page, "serious fault" conditions have existed since 11:08am this morning. At home (South Herts), we seem to have been down since around 12:30pm

Kymmy
12-02-2010, 13:36
No problems here at that time

Digital Fanatic
12-02-2010, 14:10
Is the current outage Nationwide?

According to Service Status page, "serious fault" conditions have existed since 11:08am this morning. At home (South Herts), we seem to have been down since around 12:30pm

We have no "nationwide" issues... what postal area are you?

tickets opened in the last 24 hours:
Ticket Number Description Current Status
1191699 B71( West Bromwich) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Opened
1191991 TS3, TS7( Middlesborough) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Opened
1192001 NG18( Nottingham) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Opened
1192017 PO12( Gosport) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Opened
1192054 B45( BIRMINGHAM) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Opened
1192122 ST1( Stoke-on-Trent) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV Opened
1192236 ST8( Stoke-on-Trent) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV Opened

tickets updated in the last 24 hours:
Ticket Number Description Current Status
1191252 CH46( WIRRAL) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Updated
1191445 WN1WN2,WN3,WN5,( 1191445) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Analogue TV, Digital TV Updated
1191640 BH8, BH9( Bournemouth ) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Updated
1191671 FK5( Larbert) - Loss of Broadband Internet, Digital TV Updated

MrSums
12-02-2010, 14:23
We have no "nationwide" issues... what postal area are you?

WD3 is the post-code.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

The Service Status page now says "Orange" status with an update time/date of: 15/01/10 @ 16:25

Suddenly I feel my life rushing backwards ....

Clicking on the link you get a page explaining that "Orange" status means "Service is running slowly, or has intermittent problems" and then underneath is written:

There are currently no reported problems with Broadband (ADSL) services.

If you're experiencing difficulties, check out our Help section, or call Customers services on your usual support number. If you're not sure what that is, you can check Customer services.

Interestingly, the Customer services is a link that points to an unobtainable page.

Sometime you wonder why pages like this even exist. No information is better than useless information

Digital Fanatic
12-02-2010, 14:38
WD3 is the post-code.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

The Service Status page now says "Orange" status with an update time/date of: 15/01/10 @ 16:25

Suddenly I feel my life rushing backwards ....

Clicking on the link you get a page explaining that "Orange" status means "Service is running slowly, or has intermittent problems" and then underneath is written:

Interestingly, the Customer services is a link that points to an unobtainable page.

Sometime you wonder why pages like this even exist. No information is better than useless information

Oh..you are ADSL, not cable.. thats why I know nothing about your outage! :D

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Have you spoken to Virgin Media National faults?

Service fault or technical support
Broadband or Phone service:
Call 0845 454 2222 and select Option 3 when prompted

MrSums
12-02-2010, 14:46
Oh..you are ADSL, not cable.. thats why I know nothing about your outage! :D[COLOR="Silver"]
QUOTE]

No, I am on Cable. But there is no link for Broadband (Cable) on this https://national.virginmedia.com/service-announcements/status page, it just has:

[QUOTE]ServiceStatusLast Updated
24seven Dial-up N/A
PAYG Dial-up N/A
Broadband (ADSL) 15/01/10@16:25
Email N/A
Webmail N/A
Personal Homepages N/A
Portal Services N/A
Telephony N/A
Registration N/A
Call Centre Apps N/A us

Where do I find the Cable link?

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Ok, just clicked on the link at the bottom of your signature.

But Cable status is RED there too ....

webcrawler2050
12-02-2010, 14:47
[QUOTE=Digital Fanatic;34962692]Oh..you are ADSL, not cable.. thats why I know nothing about your outage! :D[COLOR="Silver"]
QUOTE]

No, I am on Cable. But there is no link for Broadband (Cable) on this https://national.virginmedia.com/service-announcements/status page, it just has:

Where do I find the Cable link?

Do you get your broadband through the phoneline?

MrSums
12-02-2010, 14:49
[QUOTE=MrSums;34962704]

Do you get your broadband through the phoneline?

No, My Broadband is Cable, not phoneline.

Digital Fanatic
12-02-2010, 14:57
[QUOTE=Digital Fanatic;34962692]Oh..you are ADSL, not cable.. thats why I know nothing about your outage! :D
QUOTE]

Where do I find the Cable link?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Ok, just clicked on the link at the bottom of your signature.

But Cable status is RED there too ....

It's RED because there is at least 1 outage open at any one time around the UK... it doesn't really mean anything for Cable customers generally.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

there are no P1 or above faults in your area at the moment (Herts, Beds, Bucks)... have you called faults on 151 or 0845 454 1111? You may be part of a smaller outage.. if you are then there will be an automated announcement when you call through (so long as you enter your VM phone number if you call the 0845 number - automatic if calling from your VM line)

MrSums
12-02-2010, 15:13
OK, so if I understand the system correctly:

1. Look at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

2. Expect to see it is RED - as its always red "... it doesn't really mean anything for Cable customers generally." (that's helpful for a status page)

3. Go to the link for "Daily update"

4. Review all tickets to see whether my post-code is included

5. If nothing, then report a fault to 151

Is this correct? And BTW, I'm not trying to be awkward, I started this off because I DIDN'T want to add to the inbound pressure for the call centre. Its just not a very helpful set of screens, especially when you are in no mood to p*ss around as your internet is down.

ps its back up again now, so I'm not going to report it !!

Digital Fanatic
12-02-2010, 15:18
OK, so if I understand the system correctly:

1. Look at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

2. Expect to see it is RED - as its always red "... it doesn't really mean anything for Cable customers generally." (that's helpful for a status page)

3. Go to the link for "Daily update"

4. Review all tickets to see whether my post-code is included

5. If nothing, then report a fault to 151

Is this correct? And BTW, I'm not trying to be awkward, I started this off because I DIDN'T want to add to the inbound pressure for the call centre. Its just not a very helpful set of screens, especially when you are in no mood to p*ss around as your internet is down.

ps its back up again now, so I'm not going to report it !!

No.....

1. go to http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

2. Select your region from the drop down

3. if listed, then you know...if not you call faults on 151

HTH

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

The RED traffic light for Broadband is to tell customers that there is a fault somewhere on the network... you then follow the above steps.

I know you are not trying to be awkward.. you just got lost in the screens :)

allanprg
12-02-2010, 16:18
Well my Virgin phoneline has been down since yesterday. Worked alright on Wednesday. But do have an engineer coming round on Monday to have a look.Virgin tried the line from their end but couldn't find anything wrong.
So we shall see what the cause is.:confused:

Sephiroth
12-02-2010, 17:21
Well my Virgin phoneline has been down since yesterday. Worked alright on Wednesday. But do have an engineer coming round on Monday to have a look.Virgin tried the line from their end but couldn't find anything wrong.
So we shall see what the cause is.:confused:

Can't resist the question: Did they try and ring your VM number? :LOL:

Digital Fanatic
12-02-2010, 22:48
Can't resist the question: Did they try and ring your VM number? :LOL:

Thats one of the 1st things faults try... VM need to know if the line is PET (perm engage tone), RTNR (Ringtone no reply) or NUT (Number Unobtainable tone) as this will tell the faults agent what to check next and possible cause. ;)

bubblegun
13-02-2010, 08:03
If you're on ubr19 then you'll just be back online today.
Outage happened Tuesday morning. Never had it happen for this long before.

Peter_
13-02-2010, 09:29
If you're on ubr19 then you'll just be back online today.
Outage happened Tuesday morning. Never had it happen for this long before.
That is Uddingston which is in Scotland.