PDA

View Full Version : Wiring

Christopherj84
10-02-2010, 00:09
Hello,

I've moved the location of my television and I need to extend the wiring from the wall to my digital box and I haven't a clue where to start! I'm wondering if anyone knows what I need to purchase and how to connect it all up.

Digital Fanatic
10-02-2010, 13:20
Hello,

I've moved the location of my television and I need to extend the wiring from the wall to my digital box and I haven't a clue where to start! I'm wondering if anyone knows what I need to purchase and how to connect it all up.

Maplins is your best bet... just need satellite grade cable and some male (m) and female (f) connectors to connect the cable.

HTH

HowardCanning
15-02-2010, 13:12
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=SATELLITE+CABLE I bought this when I redecorated the room and wanted to move all my equipment. Works fine and it's only £5.99 in store, if that makes any difference to your decision :p:

Kymmy
15-02-2010, 13:19
Just remember that even extending it by a couple of meters is against the T&C's of your contract with VM and also extending it 5m+ could seriously effect the signal.

I'm not saying don't do it just that if you do you should be aware of possible consequences

calmpitbull
23-02-2010, 21:09
Just remember that even extending it by a couple of meters is against the T&C's of your contract with VM and also extending it 5m+ could seriously effect the signal.

I'm not saying don't do it just that if you do you should be aware of possible consequences

Agreed, I would only do this for very short distances otherwise you could get problems.

Christopherj84
08-03-2010, 19:58

I only extended it a few meters and it works fine. Why is it against Virgin Media's terms and conditions?

Chris
08-03-2010, 20:01
Because they don't want you to tamper with the installation in any way. If you do a shoddy job, you can introduce interference onto the cable that can not only disrupt your service, but also affect your neighbours.