PDA

View Full Version : Being throttled :(

mikkyh
07-02-2010, 22:20
OK...so I downloaded a 3.57GB file and I'm on the 20mb package. Traffic management states that traffic management end at 9pm. If I download the file at 7:00pm and it's 22:19 now, why am I still being throttled ? Because I'm outside the traffic management time.

I am only getting 5Mbps.

So, will my throttling stop at 12:00am tonight ?

I hope so :(

Ignitionnet
07-02-2010, 22:24
The penalty lasts for 5 hours it's only the measuring that ends at 9PM.

mikkyh
07-02-2010, 22:24
The penalty lasts for 5 hours it's only the measuring that ends at 9PM.

Ok, thanks

Chris
07-02-2010, 22:26
The moral of the story is, don't hog all your neighbourhood's bandwidth during peak hours. Something tells me that your life didn't depend on the contents of that 3.57GB file. ;)

Oh, and spare a thought for those of us whose ADSL service barely supports half the throttled speed you're enduring right now. :erm:

mikkyh
07-02-2010, 22:27
The moral of the story is, don't hog all your neighbourhood's bandwidth during peak hours. Something tells me that your life didn't depend on the contents of that 3.57GB file. ;)

Oh, and spare a thought for those of us whose ADSL service barely supports half the throttled speed you're enduring right now. :erm:

Actually, it was a trial for some software that I needed for my school assignment that has to be in TOMORROW.

Chris
07-02-2010, 22:29
In which case, moral number 2 is, don't leave school assignments until you're staring a deadline down both barrels.

If you were expecting sympathy, you're out of luck. :rofl:

mikkyh
07-02-2010, 22:35
In which case, moral number 2 is, don't leave school assignments until you're staring a deadline down both barrels.

If you were expecting sympathy, you're out of luck. :rofl:

No..I wasnt expecting sympathy. But you know what ? You have some SERIOUS attitude problems.

Chris
07-02-2010, 22:36
No ... stop it ... my sides really are splitting now.

Go and finish your homework. ;)

mikkyh
07-02-2010, 22:41
No ... stop it ... my sides really are splitting now.

Go and finish your homework. ;)

Hmm...?

AbyssUnderground
08-02-2010, 12:19
Sorry Chris, he is right in a small way, but I still agree with you about leaving things too late... :)

Paul
08-02-2010, 12:29
Exactly what software has a 3.57 GB trial file :eek:

shenfrey
08-02-2010, 14:49
Exactly what software has a 3.57 GB trial file :eek:

The illegal kind ; )

broadbandking
08-02-2010, 15:37
I can see people including Mods are judging books by there covers.

dilli-theclaw
08-02-2010, 17:08
I can see people including Mods are judging books by there covers.As no mods have posted in the thread (aside from myself ;)) - I'm not sure where you get that impression from?

Maybe you are judging all mods by the actions of the admin on here? ;)

Chris
08-02-2010, 17:54
I can see people including Mods are judging books by there covers.

That really isn't as profound as you think it is. ;)

Seriously people, I cannot believe that this thread has attracted *two* formal complaints. What exactly is the problem here? Verbally abusing the OP with a flood of ********s? Threatening to duff him up behind the bike sheds?

No. All I seem to have done is suggest that leaving your homework until the night before it's due in is a manifestly dumb thing to do when certain aspects of completing it are entirely out of your control.

If he thinks I'm being rude for daring to say so, he's going to be running in terror from some of the people who set his assignments at college or university, assuming he ever makes it there.

dilli-theclaw
08-02-2010, 17:57

Seriously people, I cannot believe that this thread has attracted *two* formal complaints. What exactly is the problem here? Verbally abusing the OP with a flood of ********s? Threatening to duff him up behind the bike sheds?

No. All I seem to have done is suggest that leaving your homework until the night before it's due in is a manifestly dumb thing to do when certain aspects of completing it are entirely out of your control.

If he thinks I'm being rude for daring to say so, he's going to be running in terror from some of the people who set his assignments at college or university, assuming he ever makes it there.Surely if he's being traffic shaped he'll still make it - just more slowly ;)

broadbandking
08-02-2010, 18:04

If he thinks I'm being rude for daring to say so, he's going to be running in terror from some of the people who set his assignments at college or university, assuming he ever makes it there.

I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't just snap at the kid, his question was about STM not weather he should do his homework, merely my view you was rude end of, you may see it different and i respect that its your views.

@Thomas, I was under the impression people on the cable forum team are mods, I believe I was wrong. ;)