PDA

View Full Version : Terrible install

warrenb
06-02-2010, 20:33
Parents ordered v+ with a broadband install.

Guy turns up, he was there 10 minutes tops. Split the cable put the modem on it and just swapped the v box for the v+ box and left.

Went round today to sort it out for them (they are elderly), list of things

1) Broadband - Hadn't activated internet. Modem not even powered up. Supposed to have free router, guy walked in with it,saw parents had one so took it away with him.

2) V+, Just unplugged scart from v box and plugged into v+. Parents didn't even know you could record with it as not shown. v+ left on 4:3 on a widescreen tv. HDMI cable not supplied.

To be honest I get the feeling the guy came in, thought old people and just lobbed the stuff in, got it working and left.

Disgusted to be honest. Phoned CS who have given them a massive £5 credit, whoppee blinking doo.

martyh
06-02-2010, 21:21
thats pretty bad service maybe think about going higher with your complaint
incidently i didn't get a HDMI cable with my install it came about a week after by post

piggo68
07-02-2010, 16:13
I used to install for them a couple of years ago, and we were told not to do hdmi connection as issues can arise between tv and vplus box, we were simply not allocated sufficient time for each job, usually 10 jobs or more each day..regular 12 hour days and only paid for 8 etc ... Its no real wonder that some engineers chuck the jobs in so that they can get home at a reasonable hour. Until the system changes these type of issues will never go away..

jb66
11-02-2010, 17:16
v+ install is only worth 1 job now so no time to show people how to use it

sollp
11-02-2010, 18:07
Complain, you may be asked at some point about your experience regarding your installation, this feedback will affect the NPS,(Net Promoter Score) you should remind them that yours and others negative feedback will affect the NPS, bonuses ect are based on the outcome of this NPS!!

calmpitbull
23-02-2010, 21:05
Agreed, even though our contractor installers are under immense pressure, there is simply no excuse for not plugging in a hdmi lead and giving a customer demo (5 mins maximum).

However the installer cannot activate the internet as the customer has to do this for security reasons.