PDA

View Full Version : New Installation Problems

rusty1020
05-02-2010, 15:26
I had an install booked for Wednesday 3rd Feb and informed customer services that the cable under the front lawn was broken. The CS agent said no problem the engineer would be able to fix that.

The install engineer turned up on time and did not know about the broken cable. After spending a couple of minutes trying to find the ends of the cable he decided he could not do it and a two man team would be required. (Why was not one sent in the first place:mad::mad::mad:)

I got another install date of March 10th. This would not be a problem, except I have canceled all my services from Sky and I am now left without a home telephone or broadband.

After much dicussion with Virgin I managed to get an install date of the 22nd Feb but that is still 2 and bit weeks away and far too long to be without a home phone, or broadband.

I just hope that I do not regret the move to Virgin and it will all be worth it in the end. The family are already suggesting that would should have stayed with Sky.

Rusty1020

Digital Fanatic
07-02-2010, 10:42
I had an install booked for Wednesday 3rd Feb and informed customer services that the cable under the front lawn was broken. The CS agent said no problem the engineer would be able to fix that.

The install engineer turned up on time and did not know about the broken cable. After spending a couple of minutes trying to find the ends of the cable he decided he could not do it and a two man team would be required. (Why was not one sent in the first place:mad::mad::mad:)

I got another install date of March 10th. This would not be a problem, except I have canceled all my services from Sky and I am now left without a home telephone or broadband.

After much dicussion with Virgin I managed to get an install date of the 22nd Feb but that is still 2 and bit weeks away and far too long to be without a home phone, or broadband.

I just hope that I do not regret the move to Virgin and it will all be worth it in the end. The family are already suggesting that would should have stayed with Sky.

Rusty1020

Usually a pre-install team will check for things like that.... but if it's broken on your property then they can't check as it would be tresspassing.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Kymmy
07-02-2010, 11:08
A cable broken beneath the lawn is usually customer damage, the pre-installs team would have a problem checking for that and as it's a rare occurence the install teams don't plan for it.

So please don't blame VM for something beyond thier control and more likely to be the fault of the current/previous occupant ;)

Peter_
07-02-2010, 11:43
If your property has been previously cabled from a previous owner/tenant then all they would send is a installation engineer not a installation team who can fit a new cable because as far as they are aware everything is already in place.

This is not down to Virginmedia as stated above as they cannot know if the is damage to the cabling until day of install.

Give them another call tomorrow after 0800 to see if they can bring forward your install again.

rusty1020
08-02-2010, 09:58
My main issue with VM is that I had informed them at the time of purchase that the cable was broken in the garden. It happened when I had a build in to remove the lawn and replace with gravel. I asked CS if the broken cable was a problem and she said the install team would take of the broken cable.

Anyhow I've calmed down a bit over the weekend.

Moldova,

Who do you recommend that I speak to regarding bring the install date forward. When I get through to customer service I get the impression that they cannot change the install date.

Thanks

Rusty1020

Peter_
08-02-2010, 10:02
My main issue with VM is that I had informed them at the time of purchase that the cable was broken in the garden. It happened when I had a build in to remove the lawn and replace with gravel. I asked CS if the broken cable was a problem and she said the install team would take of the broken cable.

Anyhow I've calmed down a bit over the weekend.

Moldova,

Who do you recommend that I speak to regarding bring the install date forward. When I get through to customer service I get the impression that they cannot change the install date.

Thanks

Rusty1020
Try Customer Relations then on the option thinking of leaving us.

rusty1020
08-02-2010, 10:19
Try Customer Relations then on the option thinking of leaving us.

Thanks

rusty1020

rusty1020
23-02-2010, 14:31
Finally I had the cable to the house replaced yesterday, very helpful and polite chaps, so long as they were supplied with pleny of cups of tea. :D:D:D:D

I have a second engineer coming tomorrow morning to complete the installation of the services. Hopefully all will be running smoothly by the afternoon.

rusty1020

Digital Fanatic
23-02-2010, 20:46
Finally I had the cable to the house replaced yesterday, very helpful and polite chaps, so long as they were supplied with pleny of cups of tea. :D:D:D:D

I have a second engineer coming tomorrow morning to complete the installation of the services. Hopefully all will be running smoothly by the afternoon.

rusty1020

Good to hear :tu: