PDA

View Full Version : periodic disconnection PL

manicdemise
05-02-2010, 00:50
hi , i live in plymouth (PL2)

at the start of the month, virgin broadband cut out and had serious issues through out Plymouth and Exeter. If you put to much stress on the connection it would just cut out.

the amount could be as little as playing a game, or 2 computers using an internet browser.

this has fixed itself for me and a freind. However my other freind who lives in PL2 like me, though he can connect to xbox live if he puts stress on the connection (plays a game) after about 12 minutes his connection cuts out and the modem needs to be reset (the exact problem had).

he has phoned Virgin a few times and gets the same answer, "its happening to a load of people in the PLymouth / Exeter area and we dont know why"

can anyone shed some light

cheers!

Sephiroth
05-02-2010, 10:13
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Broadband-in-the-Evenings-Plymouth-PL4-Area-Ref-18/td-p/14608

manicdemise
05-02-2010, 14:33
thanks, ive already read that forum. I dont think it sheds light however, on this specific problem. Though our connection hasnt been what it should be for a while, we have had decent speed and usability. Its just my freind that seems to be suffering