PDA

View Full Version : NW London Internet Down

Zee
04-02-2010, 23:11
Anyone else in the NW or N London area, or close by having a loss of internet? I just have a Sync light flashing...

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

I just got off the phone, and the estimated fix date should be by 28th Feb 2010, is this some sort of joke? almost 1 month?

Peter_
04-02-2010, 23:13
Probably an automated date which goes on by default.

Did they say what the issue was at all.

Call tomorrow after 0800 for an update.

Ignitionnet
04-02-2010, 23:13
No that would be the default date provided by the system or he's reading his crib sheet wrong. If it's an area outage it'll be fixed a lot sooner than that.

Peter_
04-02-2010, 23:15
No that would be the default date provided by the system or he's reading his crib sheet wrong. If it's an area outage it'll be fixed a lot sooner than that.
I would think that it will be fixed quicker than that as well.

We do get some strange dates when the faults first go on, some even up to 10 years.:D

crazyronnie
04-02-2010, 23:15
Im in NW9 and my internet is working fine. Having said that for the past few days its been running damn slow in the evenings. But seems to be alright tonight.

Zee
05-02-2010, 00:33
Its been down 7 hours, which is quite poor service.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Probably an automated date which goes on by default.

Did they say what the issue was at all.

Call tomorrow after 0800 for an update.

He never said what the issue was even though i asked, seemed like he wanted to get off the phone as soon as possible.

Im really tired of Virgin now, seems like the service has gone so down hill. about 4 different days in Jan 2010 the service went down, 3 times in December, 2 times in November, it went down in October, and went down a few times in the summer 09.... im getting so tired of this now.

I've never complained about it, but im quite angry now.

Ignitionnet
05-02-2010, 08:48
Its been down 7 hours, which is quite poor service.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

He never said what the issue was even though i asked, seemed like he wanted to get off the phone as soon as possible.

Im really tired of Virgin now, seems like the service has gone so down hill. about 4 different days in Jan 2010 the service went down, 3 times in December, 2 times in November, it went down in October, and went down a few times in the summer 09.... im getting so tired of this now.

I've never complained about it, but im quite angry now.

He didn't know the fault - if he knew that would have meant the engineers knew and would have fixed it already. They'll identify the outage root cause when they fix it.

There was a fault for N22:

Date : 5 Feb, 2010 00:28
Name : T Boyd
Estimated Resolution : 4 hours

Description :
This issue is still under investigation by our
engineers. Further updates will be posted when
available. Virgin Media would like to apologise
for any inconvenience caused. - Virgin Media
Technical Support

Zee
05-02-2010, 09:48
Yeah i saw the fault for N22, but thats sort of far away from me. If there is a fault in an area, they should at least post it on the status page so customers know what is going on.

Ignitionnet
05-02-2010, 09:50
Nope they only post larger faults in service status. Smaller ones don't appear there. No consolation to you of course...

Digital Fanatic
06-02-2010, 09:15
Anyone else in the NW or N London area, or close by having a loss of internet? I just have a Sync light flashing...

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

I just got off the phone, and the estimated fix date should be by 28th Feb 2010, is this some sort of joke? almost 1 month?

Can you advise the beginning of your postcode and I'll check for you?

Zee
09-02-2010, 14:20
Can you advise the beginning of your postcode and I'll check for you?

HA8