PDA

View Full Version : General Caprica - should we watch not having seen much of BSG?

admars
02-02-2010, 07:51
I've seen this sort of question asked about Star Wars films, so I'm guessing the answer will be similar here.

Missus and I have watched about the first 1/2 of season 1 of BSG , and enjoyed it, but haven't got round to watching it for ages, with the other things that are actually on tv now.

So, I was wondering if watching the new BSG prequel when it starts tonight on Sky would make sense, or would it be better to watch after we've got round to watching BSG, which could take a while!

I've tried not to read too much about it, but it looks like it may contain info which could spoil some events in BSG?

Cheers

cimt
02-02-2010, 08:40
It'd totally make sense. There's only one character from BSG,too. That's a young William Adama. Also, it was set up to be a stand alone series.

dilli-theclaw
02-02-2010, 09:14
It'd totally make sense. There's only one character from BSG,too. That's a young William Adama. Also, it was set up to be a stand alone series.Adama is NOT the only character from BSG ;) They do after all invent the cylons in itHaving said that I think you could still watch it without seeing BSG before hand.

Kymmy
02-02-2010, 10:24
I think currently it serves as a perfect prequel to BSG, though it will answer a few questions in BSG if you've not already seen it..

sir_drinks_alot
02-02-2010, 11:11
Watching this show before BSG is a good thing to do as the events of Caprica are the genesis of everything that comes after it.

admars
03-02-2010, 20:00
Cheers guys, missus has decided now she rather wait till we've finished BSG, so another things to record, put on dvd and add to the pending pile!

staggie
09-06-2011, 08:37
finished after series 1 shame