PDA

View Full Version : spoofing my mac address as stopped

cyber43
02-02-2010, 04:33
hi new here got a bit of a problem i am on VM and have bekin router i use to spoof my mac address in the router change one or two number to get on to a site but now the router has stopped me spoofing the mac address can you tell me if it is VM or the router to blame can it be fixed
thank you

Sirius
02-02-2010, 06:29
hi new here got a bit of a problem i am on VM and have bekin router i use to spoof my mac address in the router change one or two number to get on to a site but now the router has stopped me spoofing the mac address can you tell me if it is VM or the router to blame can it be fixed
thank youSpoofing you mac is a facility provided by your router not VM so it will not be vm who have stopped you, Could it be the site you are accessing has increased there security to stop spoofing and changing of ip address's.

cyber43
02-02-2010, 06:43
thanks Sirius no not the sites when changing the mac address it discounts from the internet i can login to the router again but router dose not connect to the net i had no problem tel now when i change back to old mac address all works ok

Kymmy
02-02-2010, 09:25
There is a limit as to how many macs you can use per day.. Have you gone over that limit?

cyber43
02-02-2010, 10:42
change it ones day but that weird when first started i change the mac try 3 or 4 day maybe vm has limit

Kymmy
02-02-2010, 10:54
I think (though others are more knowledgable than me on these matters) the limit is 5 macs per day..

Lee
02-02-2010, 10:58
If I understand the issue..

Spoofling the mac address means that you can switch router (to one with a different mac address) without having to reboot your vm modem.

To the op, I believe you just need to do a full powerdown of everything.. reboot the modem first, then switch on your router and you will be OK. (You can remove the spoofed mac address from the router).

III
02-02-2010, 11:09
You'll have exceeded the limit of 4 entries in the host table.
If you need to spoof your mac to get to one site, then I'd suggest sticking with just one that works.
You'll eventually get a 169 and whilst your spoofing addresses its likely you'll be causing conflict on the network so other customers can't get online.

1 unique mac address = 1 unique IP address ;)

Kymmy
02-02-2010, 11:11
I don;t seem to have that problem ;) Don't even need to reboot my modem..

zing_deleted
02-02-2010, 11:32
Everytime I change my mac I have to. Mind you I only have a series of 3 macs I use 1 default router mac, 2 Clone PC mac ,3 a generated mac address I keep as a spare.

I do tend to have to change my IP once a week sometimes a bit more as for some reason 1 site seems to get blocked for no apparent reason