PDA

View Full Version : modem loosing connection

deakin
02-02-2010, 05:05
Hello

From what i can tell between the hours of 2am and 4am monday to friday my ambit 255 seems to loose it's connection.
it's not a big deal really as all it takes to fix the problem is for me to power off the modem,wait 30 secs and then power back on again.
But it is stopping me doing all my downloads overnight as i'm not allways there to keep an eye on it.
I have checked the signal/power levels all seems to be fine on that front also try'd on two different machines
and a laptop all connected directly to the modem as i don't even own a router and still the same dropouts.

What really puzzling me is why only mondays to fridays ? could this be some type of virgin tech maintenance.
I have ask'd the guys on the helpline but they could not figure out why this is happening.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

pabscars
02-02-2010, 10:26
Hello

From what i can tell between the hours of 2am and 4am monday to friday my ambit 255 seems to loose it's connection.
it's not a big deal really as all it takes to fix the problem is for me to power off the modem,wait 30 secs and then power back on again.
But it is stopping me doing all my downloads overnight as i'm not allways there to keep an eye on it.
I have checked the signal/power levels all seems to be fine on that front also try'd on two different machines
and a laptop all connected directly to the modem as i don't even own a router and still the same dropouts.

What really puzzling me is why only mondays to fridays ? could this be some type of virgin tech maintenance.
I have ask'd the guys on the helpline but they could not figure out why this is happening.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Although you say the power levels are ok, it might be worth you still posting them, just in case you've missed something.

Maybe a copy of the modem logs would indicate more precisely what's actually happening to make you loose connection

roger skillin
02-02-2010, 11:03
Have you got it running through a wireless router? i had a problem like that but it turned out it was just my wireless router being faulty that was causing the modem to drop signal as soon as i was downloading anything big