PDA

View Full Version : Blocking A Number ?

icestar2
01-02-2010, 19:25
Hay,

I'm looking for some help. We've been getting call's from the same number everyday sometimes 7-8 times and they can be anytime from morning till 9pm in the evening. Its getting very annoying. Most of the time the call hangs up straight after answering. After looking into it I found its because they ring mutiple phones at once but only get connected to the first one to pick up.

The number is 01332257021 and it belongs to a company called Morgage Advice Service. They did get through once and we told them to stop calling but they have carried on. It's getting beyond a joke now.

If I call VM can they block the number for me ? Or is there anything else I can do ?

Thanks in Advance.

joglynne
01-02-2010, 19:48
Sorry I can't answer your direct question but I presume you have registered with the TPS.

If not you may find that this could cut out these pests. It takes 28 days for the service to become fully effective so if you haven't registered it's worth doing it now.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

I have just noticed on the TPS site that you can also register against recieving silent calls.

There is a separate service called Silent CallGard. You can register with them by calling 0844 3722325.

Off to do that myself. :)

Digital Fanatic
02-02-2010, 18:01
Hay,

I'm looking for some help. We've been getting call's from the same number everyday sometimes 7-8 times and they can be anytime from morning till 9pm in the evening. Its getting very annoying. Most of the time the call hangs up straight after answering. After looking into it I found its because they ring mutiple phones at once but only get connected to the first one to pick up.

The number is 01332257021 and it belongs to a company called Morgage Advice Service. They did get through once and we told them to stop calling but they have carried on. It's getting beyond a joke now.

If I call VM can they block the number for me ? Or is there anything else I can do ?

Thanks in Advance.

VM can block numbers that have become a serious problem, but you have to of tried the TPS route first.

an alternative is TruCall... I can't live without this handy bit of kit myself... it's like having a secretary! :D

Click For More! (http://www.truecall.co.uk/)

HTH

BexTech
02-02-2010, 21:05
Shame VM don't offer the service BT offers - choose to refuse, when you can tell it to block the last number that called you - even if they withhold it or a number you enter.

Digital Fanatic
03-02-2010, 09:18
Shame VM don't offer the service BT offers - choose to refuse, when you can tell it to block the last number that called you - even if they withhold it or a number you enter.

I had that when I was on BT years ago, it was quite pricey though at the time.. think it was about £4-5 a month or something?

icestar2
03-02-2010, 11:01
Thanks for the replys. I've never tried the TPS service so will give that ago. If the caller persists then I will contact VM and hopefully they can sort something out.

Mnemnoch
05-02-2010, 15:54
That caller is:

Mortgage Advice Services Ltd,
16 St Christopher's Way,
Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JY.
Registered in England number 3509286

Call them back on: 0800 458 6988 to complain.

Go the info from: whocallsme.com

Hope it helps :)

icestar2
05-02-2010, 16:30
That caller is:

Mortgage Advice Services Ltd,
16 St Christopher's Way,
Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JY.
Registered in England number 3509286

Call them back on: 0800 458 6988 to complain.

Go the info from: whocallsme.com

Hope it helps :)

Thanks. I'd already looked them up and we have spoken to them once before when they got through and asked them not to call again but just got another agent a day later. Anyway I've signed up to the TPS service to see if that helps. I havent had a call in a couple days but sometimes we dont then they start up again after a week or so.

Just a matter of wait and see now. If they persist after next month as thats how long TPS takes to fulyl setup then I'll look into the next step to take.

Stutz
06-02-2010, 01:34
I have been on TPS for about 9 years now. It works very well but you must remember it takes about 6 months after registering with them to filter through the system. Once in a blue moon I get a nuisance call, sometimes they are a legit company that I used to have dealings with so I ask them not to call back. This does not work all of the time but my land line phone has a function that can be used to bar any number I wish. I add it to the list and I never have a problem with that number again. I tested it with my mobile number and it works, only problem is I can't ring the missus now. Only joking, it does work very well.

cwj2008
07-02-2010, 08:38
I have been on TPS for about 9 years now. It works very well but you must remember it takes about 6 months after registering with them to filter through the system. Once in a blue moon I get a nuisance call, sometimes they are a legit company that I used to have dealings with so I ask them not to call back. This does not work all of the time but my land line phone has a function that can be used to bar any number I wish. I add it to the list and I never have a problem with that number again. I tested it with my mobile number and it works, only problem is I can't ring the missus now. Only joking, it does work very well.

try what i have just done get caller id set up on your phonemand then when
that nunber show up you can ignore it, the tps can not do anything unlees you have name and number of person calling and time of call, and if you have some who is is ex directory number comes up witheld,when a no comes up with held you can pick phone up to see who it is and ony speak if it is some one you know . i am having a similar problem to you and just set this up
my self give cs a ring they can set it up for you for a very samll bit extra s month

jodash
13-02-2010, 10:06
I have been on TPS for a long time now but still get these robot calls,just hang up but they can be a pain,but apart from that its a great service,have had a couple of calls but told the people im on TPS and not to call me

savvychels
16-02-2010, 07:13
try what i have just done get caller id set up on your phone

Unless anything's changed in the last couple of years Caller ID isn't available in all areas with VM. I've been waiting 10 years and not holding my breath...

I'd give an arm and a leg for the service.