PDA

View Full Version : netbook

DJ Dave
31-01-2010, 21:27
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Last night my younger sister dropped the virgin media freedom netbook we got off her desk and now the screen is cracked.

Do you think Virgin would replace it or would this be my fault so my problem?

any advice wuld be great

thanks

martyh
31-01-2010, 21:29
i would say that as it was a free gift it becomes your property so your problem ,the same for any free router i think

moaningmags
31-01-2010, 21:31
Your house insurance should cover it if you have accidental damage on your cover.

djmagnifique
31-01-2010, 22:16
Your house insurance should cover it if you have accidental damage on your cover.

however depending on your excess it may be cheaper just to buy a new netbook, you can get something decent for £200 these days.

xpod
31-01-2010, 22:31
You can pick Netbook screens up quite cheaply(£40-£70) but it obviously depends on getting the right one and of course getting it fitted.
If you(or a friend) could fit it yourself/s it might be worth the cost of the screen but if you were paying some PC Repair shop to do it for you then the suggestion above just to buy a new one might be your cheapest bet.
You could probably sell the broken one on Ebay for about £50-£70 towards the cost though.

On a sidenote, I recently tried chasing Virgin to replace the knackered Netgear Router they once gave me(for the cost of P&P) but because i`d had it for over 12 months they reckoned it was out of warranty with them..EH??.....:erm:
I`ll chance my luck again sometime this week mabey.

DJ Dave
02-02-2010, 11:09
Virgin said they would fix it for £110, the insurance comapny said they would need to value you it to see how much it's worth, do you reckon they would value it as much?

Dukefever
02-02-2010, 15:58
Hi

Whats the model number of the netbook?

Duke

broadbandking
02-02-2010, 17:06
Virgin said they would fix it for £110, the insurance comapny said they would need to value you it to see how much it's worth, do you reckon they would value it as much?

You might be best of selling it on Ebay sure someone with knowledge on replacing the screen will buy it then you can put the rest and get some nice little netbook for around £200.

Matt-08
02-02-2010, 18:24
Hi

Whats the model number of the netbook?

Duke

It's the Virgin branded one.

Virgin Media Freedom VMF10.