PDA

View Full Version : Will i get a new router?

nick1984
30-01-2010, 16:52
Im upgrading my VM from just L BB to the VIP package so gonna be on XL BB, Will VM give me an n router?

pip08456
30-01-2010, 16:56
I could be wrong but I think the N router is only supplied with the 50Mb/s service. You would get a wireless g router with 20Mb/s.

frazzeld
30-01-2010, 17:00
Free "N" Router with XL

Wireless "N" Router

If you love wireless, our "N" router is about as good as it gets. On top of all the benefits of our "G" router, our sleek wireless 'N' router gives you:

* Improved coverage, with fewer 'black spots' in your network
* Even better range, so you can work further away from your router
* Super-fast file transfer between computers - ideal for sharing large files
* The latest wireless encryption technology for extra security
* The best 'wireless' broadband performance available

Free with Broadband XXL (includes a free USB adapter)
Free with Broadband XL (up to 20Mb broadband)
£25 with Broadband L (up to 10Mb broadband)

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/wireless.html

nick1984
30-01-2010, 17:05
thanks, i was just wondering because i already got a free g router when i had VM install in march didnt think i would get another one lol

Thanks again

Nick

pip08456
30-01-2010, 17:09
As I said, "I could be wrong" obviously I am.

Peter_
30-01-2010, 22:20
Im upgrading my VM from just L BB to the VIP package so gonna be on XL BB, Will VM give me an n router?
If you upgrade to XL you should receive a D Link DIR615 wireless N router if it does not arrive call up and one will be sent to you.

paintguy
31-01-2010, 19:22
If you upgrade to XL you should receive a D Link DIR615 wireless N router if it does not arrive call up and one will be sent to you.
Yeah right.

When I upgraded to XL I was told I wasn't entitled to any form of router, it was for new customers only! Way to go VM, close to 10 years of loyalty, and the newbies get a better deal :td:

Peter_
31-01-2010, 19:27
Yeah right.

When I upgraded to XL I was told I wasn't entitled to any form of router, it was for new customers only! Way to go VM, close to 10 years of loyalty, and the newbies get a better deal :td:
You upgraded so you should receive the router, ring up and ask for one.

paintguy
31-01-2010, 19:48
You upgraded so you should receive the router, ring up and ask for one.
Sorry if I sound like I'm taking it out on you (which of course I'm not :)), but how is that any different from asking for one at the time and being flatly refused?

Maybe things have changed recently though, as we're going back to the days before 50MB (so I was upgrading to the fastest available service at the time). I certainly won't be going up to 50MB after the way I was treated last time.

I still think more thought needs to be put into looking after existing customers though, rather than just attracting new ones. The only 'deal' I can get as a very long term user is to add a mobile phone :rolleyes:

Peter_
31-01-2010, 19:54
Sorry if I sound like I'm taking it out on you (which of course I'm not :)), but how is that any different from asking for one at the time and being flatly refused?

Maybe things have changed recently though, as we're going back to the days before 50MB (so I was upgrading to the fastest available service at the time). I certainly won't be going up to 50MB after the way I was treated last time.

I still think more thought needs to be put into looking after existing customers though, rather than just attracting new ones. The only 'deal' I can get as a very long term user is to add a mobile phone :rolleyes:
If it is a recent upgrade you are due a router if its a couple of years or more then it will be no then.

paintguy
31-01-2010, 20:22
If it is a recent upgrade you are due a router if its a couple of years or more then it will be no then.
As I say - looking after the newcomers.

Thanks very much for your advice though :)

nick1984
31-01-2010, 20:38
Will the person who is installing the V+ box bring the router or does it get sent via DHL or someone?

Thanks

Nick

Peter_
31-01-2010, 22:18
Will the person who is installing the V+ box bring the router or does it get sent via DHL or someone?

Thanks

Nick
It should be with the installation guy if not you ring up a request one to be sent.

frazzeld
31-01-2010, 23:51
As I say - looking after the newcomers.

Thanks very much for your advice though :) Your not speaking with the right people at V.... before 50Mb you'd have got a "G" Router Free

Everyone can get the same deals "New & Existing customers"

pip08456
01-02-2010, 07:37
Your not speaking with the right people at V.... before 50Mb you'd have got a "G" Router Free

Everyone can get the same deals "New & Existing customers"

You are talking as if a router has always been supplied with 20Mb service. Unfortunately that is not the case. Presumably it would depend on how long ago the upgrade was.

Also quite a few deals are for "new customers" only