PDA

View Full Version : Installation booked, few questions.

tomwoj
30-01-2010, 06:17
Hi there,

Been on virgin adsl for a while here, and have upgrades to up-to-20meg cable + tv. Our address is stated as fine for cable and we have an installation date of 18th feb.

Now i was wondering how the cabling is actualy done and if a 'spotter'/check is done before they come to install. The reason i ask is because my father said that he tried to get cable to this address many years ago from NTL i believe (though he said years ago, when i was just a kid in fact, probably 18-20 odd years ago) and NTL couldnt install it for some reason.

As far as he can remember they were trying to run a cable from the socket over the other side of the road to the one outside our house but the cable wouldnt go through, perhaps due to a blockage or something?

There is a plastic cable socket outside our house, and the nearest one i can see apart from that is one of the other side of the street, about 2 or 3 mtr's away.

If theres no cable already connected to the plastic socket thing outside my house, of course they're going to have to run it to there from somewhere, but what can they do if the cable dosnt "go through" this time?

Cheers,

Tom

Digital Fanatic
30-01-2010, 14:40
Hi and :welcome:

Yeah a pre-install team will go out and check for whats needs doing a few days before. They will report back to installs and advise if all ok to go ahead.

Block ducts can happen and are usually sorted out by the Construction team. Depending on what needs doing this can sometimes delay the install. The team will be in touch if this is the case.

HTH :cool:

tomwoj
30-01-2010, 16:46
:D great,

Hopefully all will go well, we'll soon see.

Cheers Digi

Digital Fanatic
30-01-2010, 17:42
:D great,

Hopefully all will go well, we'll soon see.

Cheers Digi

No probs :cool:

Post back and let us know how things go or if you need any further help :)