PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Install

adamski82
28-01-2010, 18:39
I moved into my new house about a year ago at that time virgin told me the address wasn't in a cabled area, so i went with sky. once i moved i found that the older properties on the street are all cabled. my house was built on the site of older houses on the estate which were knocked down. Next door to our right is cabled as are all the houses on the other side of the road, none of the new houses to the left of us are cabled. once my 12 month contract with sky was over i started asking virgin if we could receive cable as next door does, they said a spotter may come out and look. this was a few months ago.
Last night my girlfriend went onto virgin media and typed in our postcode, chose the house number and system said we could get cabled services, so she went ahead and signed up for xl tv, m broadband and m phone. with an installation 20th of feb. my concern is that cause we have no cable directly outside, just next door to, our house they wont be able to do it. Any advice?

Kymmy
28-01-2010, 19:05
The pre-install team should come out and have a look. If there's no cable and there's no space (conduit) for a cable to be installed then your installation will be cancelled. Nothing you can really do but wait

adamski82
28-01-2010, 19:18
thanks, it just seems strange that my house was always not cabled in the system now it is after requesting a spotter to come out and have a look. the other new houses up the street including next door still say not cabled, so hopefully it will be ok. Its only 2 metres from my boundary just like having a bigger front garden next door wont mind the cable being routed under there land.

I will dig up the street and gardens and lay the cable myself if it means getting what i want lol.

Kymmy
28-01-2010, 19:23
They won't pass the cable through someone elses land..

No house is cable up until asked. It's the street that is cabled ;) If you're lucky there's an unused loop in a small manhole just outside the property

jungleguy
30-01-2010, 12:40
hi there which town do you live in?

adamski82
31-01-2010, 09:30
darlington