PDA

View Full Version : NTL DECT 2000 Reset?

VANESSA JANE
28-01-2010, 18:17
Anybody help?
I have bought an additional NTL VS2000 system with 3 x vs205 handsets in the hope of adding a 5th handset to an existing NTL VS2000 system. I have the manual but I can't reset the 2nd hand system as I do not have the pin number. The manual says if you forget your pin and want to reset the system phone this number 0870 241 3201 (unfortunately unobtainable).
Much appreciated.
:help:

calmpitbull
29-01-2010, 20:24
I think this is the link to the instruction manual for those phones. It talks about the default base pin being 0000. The default remote access pin is 000.

http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/userguide/vs2000.pdf

Apart from calling the non-existant help number, I can't find any other way of reseting the handset or base pins.

VANESSA JANE
30-01-2010, 11:54
:angel:Thanks Calmpitbull for coming back to me - I should have said, I've got the manual and tried 'Resetting your system to the original (pre-set) settings' (p31). Go to ..Menu> Base>OK>PIN PROT>OK the 0000 default pin number ( which I have kept for my own system) but it refuses to go further than this point. When I get to 'PIN Protec' and enter 0000 it says 'Not Avail' so I assume who ever had it before entered a new pin number. I need a hard reset or something. Like a little hole that you poke a paper clip into - type of reset?

I bought a base station with 3 phones but I only need one of them to register it to my existing system of 4 (the max number is 5 handsets). The extra 3 units work as a complete system - A bit frustrating, I can't put them in the charity shop just yet!

Does anybody know who took over support on this device? Cheers.