PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading advice please

badge
28-01-2010, 16:44
Hi i am thinking of upgrading to 50mb from 10mb just a few questions we currently have 3 xboxes connected 1 wireless and 2 hardwired. The free router that is provided will it be able to cope with the 3 xboxes and nat etc. as i have had problems with live and my present router. any info would be much appreciated Thanks Badge

broadbandking
28-01-2010, 19:29
Well you get 1.75Mbit upload so you should be fine and yes afaik the router is fine with NAT.

Sputnik_S
28-01-2010, 22:18
To have "open" NAT on the Xbox you need to have a couple of ports forwarded. I could be mistaken but I don't think you'd ever be able to do that with a service which only provides a single IP.

pip08456
28-01-2010, 22:44
To have "open" NAT on the Xbox you need to have a couple of ports forwarded. I could be mistaken but I don't think you'd ever be able to do that with a service which only provides a single IP.

So the ports I have forwarded can't be with VM? I can't grasp what your assetion is based on.

Sputnik_S
29-01-2010, 00:08
He has three Xboxes. You can only forward the required ports from your single external IP to to one internal IP, or one Xbox. This is based on the assumption that the Xbox doesn't negotiate another port to use with the XBL servers along with uPnP, though not a safe assumption as I don't know either way. The other two would probably be able to sign in with "strict" or "moderate" NAT.