PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Installation and cut off Internet - Can anyone help?

takitomouse
23-01-2010, 11:07
I've had cable now for about four years, no real problems despite 3 house moves in that time, so I've got no complaints.

However, my mother has just called, not happy at all with the Virgin service, which is a bit bad after I've talked them up and convinced her to switch!

The basic story is this:

She's been with Virgin on the national ADSL service for a long time (5+ years?), but after me talking about how good the cable service is, she decided to switch. She was given an installation date of 14th January, but no one turned up. When she phoned, she was told it had been rescheduled for 1st Feb, but no one had told her! The ADSL was due to be cut off on the 18th Jan, which she questioned, and she was told the cut off had been pushed back to the 1st Feb to fit in with the new installation date, and she received an email confirming this.

On the 21st, she received an email saying the ADSL broadband had been cancelled, and within the hour the internet was cut off. Since then she's made numerous phone calls to VM trying to get things sorted, but no joy, and she's stuck with no internet.

Is there anyone out there who can help - either get the ADSL back on or (unlikely I know) get the installation sorted sooner? Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks

Digital Fanatic
23-01-2010, 19:51
I've had cable now for about four years, no real problems despite 3 house moves in that time, so I've got no complaints.

However, my mother has just called, not happy at all with the Virgin service, which is a bit bad after I've talked them up and convinced her to switch!

The basic story is this:

She's been with Virgin on the national ADSL service for a long time (5+ years?), but after me talking about how good the cable service is, she decided to switch. She was given an installation date of 14th January, but no one turned up. When she phoned, she was told it had been rescheduled for 1st Feb, but no one had told her! The ADSL was due to be cut off on the 18th Jan, which she questioned, and she was told the cut off had been pushed back to the 1st Feb to fit in with the new installation date, and she received an email confirming this.

On the 21st, she received an email saying the ADSL broadband had been cancelled, and within the hour the internet was cut off. Since then she's made numerous phone calls to VM trying to get things sorted, but no joy, and she's stuck with no internet.

Is there anyone out there who can help - either get the ADSL back on or (unlikely I know) get the installation sorted sooner? Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks

What has she been told? Can they not switch the ADSL back on until 1st Feb? I don't know alot about the ADSL side of the business TBH...

Due to the bad weather over the beginning of the month, Installs are playing catch-up due to having to reschdule thousands of installs... unlikely to get an earlier appointment TBH, but you may get a cancellation?

jungleguy
23-01-2010, 20:11
Hi there
unfortunately once your ADSL is cut off thats it.
try getting the install brought forward.
what was the reason for the reschedule of the install?

Ben B
24-01-2010, 00:06
Get a Pay as you go dongle and then once you have your internet it is useful as a backup

Digital Fanatic
24-01-2010, 02:18
Get a Pay as you go dongle and then once you have your internet it is useful as a backup

Good idea Ben :)