PDA

View Full Version : VIRGIN Download Utorrent

oshb5
22-01-2010, 15:56
Hello All

im thinking of moving to Virgin cable At least the 20meg service, because i can only gert 1,2meg download max with my Telephone line.. I usually d/l about 80-100gig a month this is also gaming though. But i wanted to ask first I d/l TV shows that we do not get in the UK from the shows stations or via Utorrent can anyonr tell me what the virgin service is like on this type of download (i dont do films or music, But its still a torrent file i suppose hence its still P2P) So any one any information or can give me any good advice Many thanks

Regards Osh;)

webcrawler2050
22-01-2010, 16:02
Hello All

im thinking of moving to Virgin cable At least the 20meg service, because i can only gert 1,2meg download max with my Telephone line.. I usually d/l about 80-100gig a month this is also gaming though. But i wanted to ask first I d/l TV shows that we do not get in the UK from the shows stations or via Utorrent can anyonr tell me what the virgin service is like on this type of download (i dont do films or music, But its still a torrent file i suppose hence its still P2P) So any one any information or can give me any good advice Many thanks

Regards Osh;)

Take a look at this:

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

AbyssUnderground
23-01-2010, 13:40
Virgin don't throttle torrents (yet), but there is the traffic management linked above which you will have to contend with.

roughbeast
23-01-2010, 14:26
Virgin don't throttle torrents (yet), but there is the traffic management linked above which you will have to contend with.

There is no throttling or traffic management on 50Mb connections.

webcrawler2050
23-01-2010, 14:50
There is no throttling or traffic management on 50Mb connections.

Correct but the OP said he wanted 20MB service

Ignitionnet
23-01-2010, 17:07
Well his exact words were 'at least the 20meg service'.

oshb5 - recommend you get the 50Mbit, it's not much more than the 20 and you're no throttling to worry about.