PDA

View Full Version : Uk call centre tech support?

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 18:12
My service has been down 6 hrs today. All indian ts says no fault found in my area even customer services has already told me 2 other people have called to report a fault. Getting nowhere fast, plz can someone tell me when i can call and get thru to a uk call centre. They generally have access to better fault info and stuff.

BenMcr
17-01-2010, 18:27
All for the fault centres have access to the same information and tools

Sephiroth
17-01-2010, 19:37
EDIT: My suggestion to put the problem onto the support newsgroup is withdrawn on the "oops" basis pointed out by handyman below!

handyman
17-01-2010, 19:48
And you're there. You can post your stuff including any evidence you've collected.

All good , except for...

My service has been down 6 hrs today..

OP prob not posting off his connection.

Ben is right. BB tech support tools are web based (or were when I was there).
If they are providing tech support then the outsourced call centers should have access to them.

Eambo
17-01-2010, 19:52
All good , except for...

OP prob not posting off his connection.

Ben is right. BB tech support tools are web based (or were when I was there).
If they are providing tech support then the outsourced call centers should have access to them.

From my experience with working in Sky Broadband, we had different, more limited tools than in England and Scotland where their main callcenters are.

And even if they they do have the same tools, personally I find that people who speak fluent English (no offense meant here) tend to know how to use them better. I just get better overall support from UK tech support than in the Phillipines. Whether it's simply they don't understand the issue (communication barrier) or they do not use the tools they have properly, I usually have better service in the UK =-P

Sephiroth, thanks for that tidbit of information, installing Windows Live Mail now to sign up and try and get support there =-)

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 20:04
Thx Sephiroth will do that. Am posting using my iphone atm.

handyman
17-01-2010, 20:08
To be honest the cable broadband support systems used to offer pretty basic info.

Service was either provisioned or not..
Cable modem was online or not.

If it was online you could see the signal strength.

everything else I used to do after ruling out the network was the users pc and routers etc.

Eambo
17-01-2010, 20:10
To be honest the cable broadband support systems used to offer pretty basic info.

Service was either provisioned or not..
Cable modem was online or not.

If it was online you could see the signal strength.

everything else I used to do after ruling out the network was the users pc and routers etc.

Yeah I figured it was pretty basic, at least in Sky we could test the users speeds - they usually get me to download the blueyonder gamefiles to test my speed when I call up >.<

Now to figure out how to use this 'newsgroup' creature... =-P

Digital Fanatic
17-01-2010, 20:21
My service has been down 6 hrs today. All indian ts says no fault found in my area even customer services has already told me 2 other people have called to report a fault. Getting nowhere fast, plz can someone tell me when i can call and get thru to a uk call centre. They generally have access to better fault info and stuff.

Where are you? Have you checked the Status Page?

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 20:40
Where are you? Have you checked the Status Page?

Enfield n9 area. Status page says croydon has problems but that was p1 fix of 4 hrs. I think my internet might route thru there not sure tbh. Have rebooted about 10 times since 12 when i lost connection. Indian ts says no faults but cs said 2 calls logged in my area, tho they cud not give me a ticket no. All very vague info they give you :(

Digital Fanatic
17-01-2010, 20:59
Enfield n9 area. Status page says croydon has problems but that was p1 fix of 4 hrs. I think my internet might route thru there not sure tbh. Have rebooted about 10 times since 12 when i lost connection. Indian ts says no faults but cs said 2 calls logged in my area, tho they cud not give me a ticket no. All very vague info they give you :(

just checked and no open outages in Enfield N9 for total loss of service at the moment... you don't route through Croydon for your BBI.

You need a tech if all else has failed.

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 21:41
just checked and no open outages in Enfield N9 for total loss of service at the moment... you don't route through Croydon for your BBI.

You need a tech if all else has failed.

thx dude for checking. Il see in the morning whats up might cme back. A vm tech visited my neighbour this morning. The box outside was boken into she tols me and they lost thier phone for a week. My services were fine tho. Bbi stopped working soon after the tech left hehe tho cud be coincidence. My modem looks ok tho tje globe keeps flashing on my belkin n1 vision router. I think my setup is ok. Cud just be a issue smewhere on the network im still wondering abt the other 2 calls received.

Peter_
17-01-2010, 21:47
Call first thing in the morning after 0800 for UK support you need to call Tech Support which is open 24/7 on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone.

It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 22:02
Will do! Thank you again :)

Sephiroth
17-01-2010, 22:22
Will do! Thank you again :)

Just a thought - you're not slaved off your neighbour - right? You have your own tap from the street? Or you're in a block of flats?

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 22:48
Just a thought - you're not slaved off your neighbour - right? You have your own tap from the street? Or you're in a block of flats?

No idea about the slave tbh, would their phone line being damged thru the cables being ripped affect me possibly? I live in row of houses

Sephiroth
17-01-2010, 23:08
It was an oblique thought. It has been known (as reported in one of the forums) for VM, on a row of terraced houses or something like that, to tap off the outside wall box of a neighbour, run along the wall, and into the next house. In that case, each house would be vulnerable to something inadvertent done at the other. You'd know if you were slaved just by looking at the outside wiring. If there's a box on your outer wall and something going into the ground, then you're not likely to be slaved.

The phone line isn't related to anyone's broadband. But fiddloing around in the street box may accidentally have disturbed you coax termination there..

KTroopA
17-01-2010, 23:14
Yea im begining to suspect smething was jigged about when the techie left. Im always observant when i see a vm van pull up outside :) it was at the exact moment i saw him disappear round the corner to the streetbox when my bb died. I will mention it to tech support tom. Thanks again Seph

KTroopA
18-01-2010, 11:37
ok so, discovered what it was... took me ages to work it out :( my connection was fine, tho there does seem to be some trouble with virgin DNS servers atm. ive read this on another forum. can anyone confirm this?

i went into my router control panel and switched the primary and secondary dns to open dns server addys below

and now everything is working fine again. wasnt sure there for a moment if it was my router that had died or even smething worse! PC, laptop xbox all connnecting fine now. my question is does Virgin have any other DNS servers or is there sme change being made. im on Open DNS atm but always used virgin. is this ok to keep and does it affect my download speed in anyway? sorry if noob qtion i dunno anything about dns apart from it handles IPs into names in ur browser etc (not a good explaination :p)