PDA

View Full Version : Netbook con

joode
13-01-2010, 11:06
I recently signed up with virgin - assured all the way I was eligible for the free netbook. It didn't arrive and since I have been told (having spent, literally, several hours being passed between pillar and post) that I'm not on a "pre-approved" list? So can't have one.

Anyone else had this problem? I have been to consumer direct and they agree it is a case of misrepresentation, but little you can do other than cancel contract.

BenMcr
13-01-2010, 11:13
A new customer should be told at order if they are eligible as it's dependent on the Credit Score. If you have passed the credit check for the netbook and Mobile Broadband you should get it.

The pre-approved list is only for existing customers, because VM can't credit score for no reason so other eligibility is used.

If you do want to persue it I would request the issue gets escalated.

joode
13-01-2010, 14:44
Thanks ... have just had trading standards on phone - they looking into it. Think I might have had an inexperienced sales operator as the deal I'm on and for which I was assured came with a netbook doesn't include mobile phone?

BenMcr
13-01-2010, 14:47
To get the netbook you have to take out the Mobile Broadband dongle. It's why the Netbook offer is there.

If the Mobile Broadband dongle isn't ordered then you don't qualify for the Netbook