PDA

View Full Version : Total loss of service - NG17 ?

rotty
13-01-2010, 01:00
anyone else having problems ?

D_Skids
13-01-2010, 08:59
Mine went down at about 1am last night (NN3) don't know if it was maintenance or what I went to bed!

rotty
13-01-2010, 13:23
Mine went down at about 1am last night (NN3) don't know if it was maintenance or what I went to bed!

mine did too but came back up about 30 mins later, I have a call from my parents whose connection has been down since yesterday morning

they rang the helpline who say there is a system fault but there is nothing on status page

D_Skids
13-01-2010, 13:31
The status page seems a waste of time, they hardly ever update it

Portly_Giraffe
13-01-2010, 20:39
Virgin Media seem to want to divide and rule when it comes to outages. FYI there appear to have been massive outages in the London area in the past two days, covering at least postcodes KT4, ME17, N17, N22, SE22, SE23, SM4, SW13, SW16, TW10. Currently the service status is showing no problems for London, but there's no sign of a service here in TW10.

In fact here in TW10 we have had no broadband since about 5pm on Monday (so now a 51 hour outage). When I spoke to an engineer earlier today it looked like they were working on the basis of noise being introduced to the network from somewhere - seems strange to me that that kind of thing isn't contained by design, so I'm a bit sceptical.

In the mean time while I have been without broadband I have used the time to compose a belter of a letter to EU Commissioner Kroes (who covers competition) about the use of CView by Virgin Media. Much as I don't want anyone reading my traffic, I'm sure she (not to mention Amazon and Apple) will be particularly irked when they realise what CView is all about.