PDA

View Full Version : New cable Installation

HRDTRiumph
10-01-2010, 08:06
I recently moved to a new house which has coaxial cables in several rooms that were unconnected and I transferred my Virgin services on 22nd Dec.

Near the Virgin building entry position there is a white cable and a black one appearing from a socket on the wall. The TV works fine on the white one and I got it going before Xmas. The black one does not provide a signal.

Upstairs room "one" has four black ones appearing from a socket on the wall and two had splitters hanging off them. Managed to get broadband access shortly after Xmas through one of the couplers but not the other.

In room "two" there are two black ones and a white one whilst in room "three" there is one white one dangling from the ceiling.

I have not yet investigated any connections in the loft.

An excellent Virgin technician appeared yesterday and finally connected my Telephone to the street furniture (in the snow) but said he had never come across such a cable installation and did not know what was going on.

I don't like to fiddle too much now I have contact with the outside world but can anyone advise me what all these extra cables are intended for and how I might use them.....all advice welcome.

HRDTRiumph
02-02-2010, 01:51
Sadly no solution and no advice yet.

Maggy
02-02-2010, 07:56
Maybe some pictures might aid the investigations?:)

Dukefever
02-02-2010, 18:15
Is there a problem with your installation? If not, does it matter?

Sounds like to me that you have a normal RF aerial installation possibly spilt and boosted in your loft and then also a cable installation that feeds all the rooms. This, of course is my interpretation of your description. Photo's will help.

Duke