PDA

View Full Version : Accessing virgin media support newsgroups through 3G

bthodgson
08-01-2010, 14:39
Hi all,

I currently access the newsgroups at home through my home broadband on my laptop and iPhone using the NewsTapLite app. I have tried to access the news.virginmedia.com news server through 3g but it doesn't connect. It keeps saying 'Authentication Failed'. Does anyone know if I can access this using a certain username and password?

Ignitionnet
08-01-2010, 14:42
Hi all,

I currently access the newsgroups at home through my home broadband on my laptop and iPhone using the NewsTapLite app. I have tried to access the news.virginmedia.com news server through 3g but it doesn't connect. It keeps saying 'Authentication Failed'. Does anyone know if I can access this using a certain username and password?

The ones that came with your account should hit the spot.

bthodgson
08-01-2010, 14:46
not sure if i've still got them. Is this ending @ntlworld.com or something like that?

Ignitionnet
08-01-2010, 14:50
not sure if i've still got them. Is this ending @ntlworld.com or something like that?

Maybe, but you won't be entering the @ntlworld bit to get to the groups.

I think your primary email alias may be it as well.

bthodgson
08-01-2010, 14:58
would VM customer service know or would they not have a clue as it's to do with newsgroups?

Ignitionnet
08-01-2010, 15:15
would VM customer service know or would they not have a clue as it's to do with newsgroups?

Yes they'll know, that password is for your primary email account as well.