PDA

View Full Version : Can you change from blueyonder.co.uk to virginmedia.com

Bill.
06-01-2010, 20:07
Hello Cable Forum :)

I'm just looking for an answer to my above thread title if this can be done. Can you change from blueyonder.co.uk to virginmedia.comI'd appreciate a reply in regards to my question...

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

10 views so far with no replies :(

on in an hour!
06-01-2010, 20:11
all blueyonder e-mail adds will be migrated onto the google web platform and given '@virginmedia' adds,all ex ntlworld have been completed and the blueyonder peeps will be receiving e-mails soon ;)

Peter_
06-01-2010, 20:19
You can keep you @blueyonder.co.uk and @ntlworld.com email addresses and will not be forced to change to a @virginmedia.com address but any new mailboxes up a total maximum of 10 including existing addresses, will be by default be @virginmedia.com addresses.

frazzeld
06-01-2010, 20:24
I was just about to say...."I don't have a virginmedia address"

@ntlworld

Peter_
06-01-2010, 20:26
I was just about to say...."I don't have a virginmedia address"

@ntlworld
You will have the option in a few months to have one if you want one when we change the NTL platform over to the Google mail platform.

Bill.
06-01-2010, 20:34
all blueyonder e-mail adds will be migrated onto the google web platform and given '@virginmedia' adds,all ex ntlworld have been completed and the blueyonder peeps will be receiving e-mails soon ;)

You can keep you @blueyonder.co.uk and @ntlworld.com email addresses and will not be forced to change to a @virginmedia.com address but any new mailboxes up a total maximum of 10 including existing addresses, will be by default be @virginmedia.com addresses.Right thanks for the replies so does this mean you have an option to stay with blueyonder.co.uk or if you want you can have an virginmedia.com email address as well? I'm asking on behalf of a mate who wants to swap other from blueyonder.co.uk to virginmedia.com as his blueyonder.co.uk email address prevents him from signing up to certain forums as they have banned blueyonder.co.uk...

Peter_
06-01-2010, 20:38
Right thanks for the replies so does this mean you have an option to stay with blueyonder.co.uk or if you want you can have an virginmedia.com email address as well? I'm asking on behalf of a mate who wants to swap other from blueyonder.co.uk to virginmedia.com as his blueyonder.co.uk email address prevents him from signing up to certain forums as they have banned blueyonder.co.uk...

The below is taken from this post (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34939006-post1.html) which has a copy of the email that all @blueyonder.co.uk account holders are receiving and @ntlworld.com account holders will receive a similar one when their migration is about to start.

Your existing @blueyonder.co.uk email address will still work, and we're not planning to change it. We'll also make sure that your emails and messages stay safe and sound, and are transferred over to your new account.

Bill.
06-01-2010, 20:49
OK Moldova I appreciate your reply and the link but I just want a direct answer to my question, I do not know what all this means exactly it's bit confusing for me to understand.

I'm going to give you an example lol say if my email was joeblogs@blueyonder.co.uk does all this change mean that it will be joeblogs@virginmedia.com when it does happen? if not can you ask virgin media to swap it over and will they lol?

Sorry for being hard work, I promise you as soon as I get a direct answer I will not bother you any more lol...

Peter_
06-01-2010, 20:55
OK Moldova I appreciate your reply and the link but I just want a direct answer to my question, I do not know what all this means exactly it's bit confusing for me to understand.

I'm going to give you an example lol say if my email was joeblogs@blueyonder.co.uk does all this change mean that it will be joeblogs@virginmedia.com when it does happen? if not can you ask virgin media to swap it over and will they lol?

Sorry for being hard work, I promise you as soon as I get a direct answer I will not bother you any more lol...
If the alias is available you will be able to swap it but will lose the existing one, you will have to wait until the migration is complete to access Selfcare to do this swap.

Bill.
06-01-2010, 21:05
OK thanks Moldova, you've been very helpful. Happy New Year mate :)

v0id
06-01-2010, 21:23
blueyonder looks so much cooler than virginmedia :D

Peter_
06-01-2010, 22:06
blueyonder looks so much cooler than virginmedia :D
I am keeping mine.;)

moaningmags
06-01-2010, 23:18
I'm keeping mine too :D

John f11
06-01-2010, 23:27
Last year , when i threatened to cancel my subscription to Virgin Media ISP, the huffy swines cancelled my e-mail adress before the end of the month. I still never got it back nor a new one to replace it !!

v0id
06-01-2010, 23:48
I am keeping mine.;)
However <username>.myby.co.uk looks better than <username>.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk for the web service though