PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Lost : Season 6

Shadow Demon UK
06-01-2010, 20:46
The last season of Lost starts on 2nd February and i cannot wait! :D

Here are the promo pictures and trailer for the new season, which are quite intresting. They are bigging up the finale so hopefully its a good one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1240846/Lost-fans-promised-shocking-finale-cast-recreation-The-Last-Supper.html

Paul
06-01-2010, 21:00
Yep, Looking forward to it as well. Hopefully with a good finale.

12noon
07-01-2010, 23:17
Hope we get some answers but still get a good show.

Shadow Demon UK
01-02-2010, 18:12
For those that don't know, "Lost: Final Chapter" aired last night, it was a recap of what has happened so far and was quite a good reminder of everything you need to know. Episodes 1 & 2 are on Tuesday :)

Shadow Demon UK
03-02-2010, 13:29
What a way to start the season! :D

Anyone else think that Jacob is now in Sayid, like how the man in black is in Locke? And the new Locke said "It's nice to see you out of those chains" to Richard, does this mean he was a slave? (maybe he came on the black rock as a slave?) or that he is now free from the island and will start to age because Jacob was killed? It was also intresting to see how they all interacted on the plane and when they got off at the airport.

The episode seemed to ask more questions instead of answer them!

iFrankie
03-02-2010, 17:02
Iv not been watching it but is this the last ever season?

Shadow Demon UK
03-02-2010, 17:08
Iv not been watching it but is this the last ever season?

Yes

iFrankie
03-02-2010, 17:11
Yes

I shall watch it then, ive been dying to know why they are on that island

Stephen
03-02-2010, 19:04
I shall watch it then, ive been dying to know why they are on that island
You would be better watching last season first as its really good.

cimt
03-02-2010, 19:21
If you stopped watching during the first three seasons then I recommend you catch up because since the show was given an end date, it has improved.

Russ
04-02-2010, 11:56
Just finished watching the first 2 episodes.

John Locke :eek:

Sayid :eek:

roger skillin
04-02-2010, 13:42
And the new Locke said "It's nice to see you out of those chains" to Richard, does this mean he was a slave? (maybe he came on the black rock as a slave?)

Noooo, it's because Richard and the others have been slaves to Jacob for all those years and now that he's dead they are free from him.
At least we know what the smoke is now,
what i did find weird was the island being under water for one short scene

Shadow Demon UK
04-02-2010, 17:21
Noooo, it's because Richard and the others have been slaves to Jacob for all those years and now that he's dead they are free from him.
At least we know what the smoke is now,
what i did find weird was the island being under water for one short scene

But then why did the new Locke knock him out then? Richard didn't seem too happy when he realised Jacob was dead, which you would think he would be if he was a slave to Jacob.

roger skillin
04-02-2010, 17:30
But then why did the new Locke knock him out then? Richard didn't seem too happy when he realised Jacob was dead, which you would think he would be if he was a slave to Jacob.

Maybe he enjoyed being Jacobs slave being as it gave him a high profile within the group of others, so Locke (who is now the man in black) may have just been making a statment, on the other hand you could be right and he may have been referring to the slaves on the black rock, Richard may have first come to the island on that ship

Shadow Demon UK
04-02-2010, 17:56
I'm pretty sure Richard came to the island on the Black Rock. I don't know if it was said as - nice to see you out of those chains because i just killed Jacob or nice to see you out of those chains as i haven't seen you in a while. I wonder if it's got anything to do with him not ageing?

cimt
10-03-2010, 10:29
I'm pretty sure Richard came to the island on the Black Rock. I don't know if it was said as - nice to see you out of those chains because i just killed Jacob or nice to see you out of those chains as i haven't seen you in a while. I wonder if it's got anything to do with him not ageing?

Most recent episode sets up his episode which is on next week.

This weeks episode was pretty good, just a shame that they didn't try harder writing this episode because a Ben episode was far overdue. Plus, they seemed to focus on Jack, Hurley and Richard.

12noon
14-03-2010, 11:11
Does anyone know how many episodes are left ?

roger skillin
14-03-2010, 11:31
Yes 9 episodes, there are 16 episodes in the this series same as last series

Paul
14-03-2010, 12:42
Actually, there are 18 episodes, and the last two will be shown back to back.

roger skillin
14-03-2010, 13:07
Actually, there are 18 episodes, and the last two will be shown back to back.

Actually there are not, there are 16 episodes, the first and last ones are both double length, they are not separate episodes, just look at one of the many episode guides online and you will see there are 16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lost_episodes#Season_6:_2010

Paul
14-03-2010, 14:09
Well you can believe whatever you want, but the page you linked to also clearly shows the final two as 17/18 :dozey:

(its being transmitted over 16 weeks in the US, but is considered episodes 1 - 18).

roger skillin
14-03-2010, 14:25
Well you can believe whatever you want, but the page you linked to also clearly shows the final two as 17/18 :dozey:

yes same as the first 2 episodes will be part one and part 2 of an episode, does it matter anyway, the op wanted to know how many episodes there were and i told them.

<Mod Edited>

NoKnowledge
14-03-2010, 15:36
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lost_episodes#Season_6:_2010 There's 2 episode numbers missing [14] & [16], presumably Lost.

Kymmy
14-03-2010, 16:44
If members can not be civil towards each other action will be taken. Also the swear filter is there to catch rule breaking, not as an alternative to swearing

Shadow Demon UK
05-05-2010, 23:44
So the cull has begun. Four people (maybe 3?) killed off in one episode. I must admit i didn't predict Locke was trying to kill them, that was a suprise for me. It's intresting how he cannot kill them, he needs to try and get them to kill each other.

I was disappointed Kate didn't die though :(

cimt
06-05-2010, 00:06
I found that interesting, too. I think the count is 3. Can't wait till next week, it's meant to be the best episode.

Shadow Demon UK
06-05-2010, 00:12
I found that interesting, too. I think the count is 3. Can't wait till next week, it's meant to be the best episode.

Yeah, i don't think Lapidus is dead.

I'm intrested to see whats happening with Richard, Ben and Miles, we haven't seen them for a couple of episodes since they split from Hurley and Jack.

Can't wait for next weeks episode :D

Paul
06-05-2010, 23:42
I laughed at these lines :erm:

"What about sayid ?"

"There is no sayid"

Sun & Jin gone as well. Makes you wonder who will be left by the end.

Russ
06-05-2010, 23:57
But couldn't The Smoke come back as one of them? Or am I imagining something being said that it can only take the form of people who died off the island?

Paul
07-05-2010, 00:02
Nope you didnt imagine it - it can take the form of anyone who is dead.

Mr_love_monkey
07-05-2010, 11:44
One thing I still need explained to me is the whole thing in a previous series where Locke had to kill his own Dad, but got Sawyer to do it - what was all that about....

Shadow Demon UK
07-05-2010, 15:57
One thing I still need explained to me is the whole thing in a previous series where Locke had to kill his own Dad, but got Sawyer to do it - what was all that about....

Lockes Dad was the man who conned Sawyers parents which led to their deaths, thats why he killed him. I think the only reason Locke didn't do it himself was that it was his Dad he would killing.

Mr_love_monkey
07-05-2010, 15:59
Lockes Dad was the man who conned Sawyers parents which led to their deaths, thats why he killed him. I think the only reason Locke didn't do it himself was that it was his Dad he would killing.

That much I knew.... it was more me asking why did his dad turn up? - and what did his killing him have to do with anything

cimt
12-05-2010, 13:28
I wonder if that final scene is set before or after Ricardo's episode. If it's set before then was the MiB just showing himself to Richard? Damn it just brings up more questions and there's only 2hrs left.

Shadow Demon UK
12-05-2010, 19:59
This episode has confused me, i'm not sure we have learnt anything from it? Just how the smoke came about.

I wonder if that final scene is set before or after Ricardo's episode. If it's set before then was the MiB just showing himself to Richard? Damn it just brings up more questions and there's only 2hrs left.

There still one normal episode and the 2 and a half hour finale left :)

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Actually, i think this was the worst episode to date, it answerd nothing at all. It told us who built the wheel and how the smoke came about and that was it. Totally pointless episode.

Russ
13-05-2010, 07:04
But knowing Lost it'll have some relevance to the next episode. Either that or it's just a rushed together attempt to explain the smoke and a little of Jacob's past.

Shadow Demon UK
21-05-2010, 13:34
I keep on getting the feeling that the finale is going to be rubbish. I reckon its going to be one of those endings where you need to think about it and decide yourself what the meaning of it is.

I hope i'm wrong.

Paul
21-05-2010, 13:49
Probably, I seem to remember the producers warning a while ago that not everyone would like it.

I thought more than just Jack would volunteer to take over from Jacob.

sir_drinks_alot
24-05-2010, 08:20
so that sideways thing was realy the place you go to before you end up in
heaven

cimt
24-05-2010, 09:10
so that sideways thing was realy the place you go to before you end up in
heaven

Well I saw loads of similarities between that and the final Ashes to Ashes episode. :erm: Far too many to be a coincidence. :dozey: Excellent episode though.

Shadow Demon UK
24-05-2010, 19:05
Well that was pretty much the anti-climax i was expecting. Nothing much happened in the episode, the death of Locke/the smoke was rather low key/unspectacluar and so many questions unanswerd. I knew they would fit in 'they were dead all along' somewhere though!

After promosing so much for six years i feel a little bit let down with that ending.

Stephen
24-05-2010, 19:25
Well that was pretty much the anti-climax i was expecting. Nothing much happened in the episode, the death of Locke/the smoke was rather low key/unspectacluar and so many questions unanswerd. I knew they would fit in 'they were dead all along' somewhere though!

After promosing so much for six years i feel a little bit let down with that ending.
It was actually a really good ending, there was a lot to think about and those not liking it seem to not totally get the ending.

They weren't dead all the time, everything on the Island did happen. The flash sideways was a place that one of them created so that when each of them no matter when they died could easily find each other again, and eventually they all went to heaven/moved on together.

The reason for not everyone being in the church was that although others were in the world that was created they weren't all as close as the main characters had become. However in the case of Ben, he didn't feel ready to go with everyone.

I know its over but have added spoiler tags for those that may not have seen it yet.

Shadow Demon UK
24-05-2010, 20:20
It was actually a really good ending, there was a lot to think about and those not liking it seem to not totally get the ending.

They weren't dead all the time, everything on the Island did happen. The flash sideways was a place that one of them created so that when each of them no matter when they died could easily find each other again, and eventually they all went to heaven/moved on together.

The reason for not everyone being in the church was that although others were in the world that was created they weren't all as close as the main characters had become. However in the case of Ben, he didn't feel ready to go with everyone.

I know its over but have added spoiler tags for those that may not have seen it yet.

I did totally get the ending but i still didn't like it ;)

It wasn't so much the ending in the parallel world i didn't like, more what happened on the island and the number of unanswered questions which we were told would be answered but weren't.

Bulky
24-05-2010, 21:00
watching this just proved to me something which i was thinking for the past few seasons , the writers didn't have a blinking clue how this was going to finish when they started writing it , no matter how you dress it up very poor ending imo , it was nearly as bad as 'ooooh it was all just a bad dream'. Just to add , where do the numbers come in ;)

Halcyon
25-05-2010, 00:05
Good ending, but as with others on here, so many questions still unanswered.

Maybe we will have more clues in bonus features on the DVD's?.

Joedm45
25-05-2010, 00:19
Maybe we will have more clues in bonus features on the DVD's?.

I did hear from a friend last week that you will need to buy the dvd to get a few more answers, bit of a mick take really that after watching for 6 years you still have to buy the dvd to finish the story off :mad:

Once I heard that my decision was made, I wasn't going to wake up early to watch it only to be left frustrated :p:

cimt
25-05-2010, 09:27
watching this just proved to me something which i was thinking for the past few seasons , the writers didn't have a blinking clue how this was going to finish when they started writing it , no matter how you dress it up very poor ending imo , it was nearly as bad as 'ooooh it was all just a bad dream'. Just to add , where do the numbers come in ;)

I think they just went crazy with the numbers. The numbers are just the list of candidates who were going to replace Jacob, pretty sure they said that in an episode.

Pierre
25-05-2010, 14:04
What a load of tosh, I want those days of my life watching it returned immediately.

If they were all dead in the church, then when did Hurley, Ben and die?

What was Jacobs purpose?

What is the light?

What was the statue with the three toes about?

Loads and loads of unanswered stuff. It was without doubt the biggest WTF?? moment I've had in a long time.

roger skillin
25-05-2010, 14:57
Everyone is asking for questions to be answered, i too was dissapointed with the ending but with the way it did end with them all actually being dead it doesn't really matter what anything meant as it wasn't real

Shadow Demon UK
25-05-2010, 17:11
This video basically sums up my views of the whole thing - http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

Russ
25-05-2010, 22:54
So many unanswered questions, it seems like the writers are going with the pathetic 'enigmatic' angle where we're all left to decide for ourselves. As well as the questions already asked, what about Rose's cancer disappearing on the island? Walt's power? The 'Others'? The temple? What was the smoke? :grind:

Paul
25-05-2010, 23:44
What a load of tosh, I want those days of my life watching it returned immediately.

What was Jacobs purpose?

What is the light?

What was the statue with the three toes about?

Loads and loads of unanswered stuff. It was without doubt the biggest WTF?? moment I've had in a long time.

That pretty much says it all.

VERY disappointed. :td:

Halcyon
26-05-2010, 00:10
Maybe this is just one ending and the DVD has another ending as a surprise?

Unlikely, but would be interesting.

punky
26-05-2010, 00:49

As Jack's dad said "some died before you, some died long after you". And also said that there is no 'now' in the after life. Which makes sense if you're stuck somewhere for eternity. The church was created so everyone had a place to be reunited before moving on together.

Also remember outside Ben said Hurley was a great number 1 and Hurley said Ben was a great number 2. That implies some time had passed since Jack died and Hurley and Ben joined the church.

I can't answer the rest but that was easy.

Pierre
27-05-2010, 12:26
As Jack's dad said "some died before you, some died long after you". And also said that there is no 'now' in the after life. Which makes sense if you're stuck somewhere for eternity. The church was created so everyone had a place to be reunited before moving on together.

Also remember outside Ben said Hurley was a great number 1 and Hurley said Ben was a great number 2. That implies some time had passed since Jack died and Hurley and Ben joined the church.

I can't answer the rest but that was easy.

Thanks,

Yes, yes I see that now, as Hurley was ultimately made the guardian of the Island.

But that just infuriates me more.

Technically they could have put this ending in absolutely anywhere in the series in the last 6 years.

It's still a massive cop out.

It just leads to believe what others have posted about Lost all the way along, in that the writers had no idea where they were going with it, and therefore no idea how to tie up all the mysteries with which they had kept the viewer hooked.

Shadow Demon UK
27-05-2010, 12:41
One question that i'm not sure was answered is why at the begining of the timeline where they were dead was the island shown as being under water whilst they were on the plane? Does that mean the island was eventually destroyed? Or is it not relevant because they were dead and it wasn't a 'real' world?

punky
27-05-2010, 14:37
Thanks,

Yes, yes I see that now, as Hurley was ultimately made the guardian of the Island.

But that just infuriates me more.

Technically they could have put this ending in absolutely anywhere in the series in the last 6 years.

It's still a massive cop out.

It just leads to believe what others have posted about Lost all the way along, in that the writers had no idea where they were going with it, and therefore no idea how to tie up all the mysteries with which they had kept the viewer hooked.

I've always said you could strip out 70% of Lost and it still won't make any less sense. It is like the writers started out with a clear vision, filmed it and then forced to make far more than they planned to due to the success of Lost. So they effectively had to make stuff up on the spot to fill the contracts and with no real idea on how to wrap it up.

It would have been much better if didn't have any of the sideways world stuff and just concentrated on the crash, the Dharma Initative and the exploitation of the electromagnetism of the island.

v0id
28-05-2010, 01:31
Maybe this is just one ending and the DVD has another ending as a surprise?

Unlikely, but would be interesting.

another ending?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/05/23.gif

:D

Raistlin
28-05-2010, 01:49
Saw the finale this evening, one word: CRUD!

Maggy
28-05-2010, 01:57
I am soooo glad I invested no time on this show.

To be honest it's this sort of situation with writers and backers of series that tends to make me wait until a show is actually complete and the final episode filmed before I invest any time in watching it.

I swore after John Doe ended I was never going to get caught out like that again.

I really feel everyone's pain.

Mind I remember everyone's reactions to the original series of the Prisoner and the irritation when the final episode was shown.

There was a WTF moment that evening.:D

Cobbydaler
29-05-2010, 13:40
If LucasArts had made a Lost game...

http://kotaku.com/5550627/if-lucasarts-had-made-a-lost-gamein-1987/gallery/

:)

Stuart
01-06-2010, 23:00

I did get the ending. I didn't mind it too much (although I had actually guessed they were already dead by about halfway through season 1). My problem was that the pacing of the final episode (and most of Lost for that matter). It was far too slow. They could have cut at least 40 minutes of the final episode with little or no loss to the story. Hell, there is at least 20 minutes of music with people just looking meaningfully at one another..

As for my opinion of the whole series? It was two seasons of good stories spread over 6 seasons.

v0id
01-06-2010, 23:16
....It was two seasons of good stories spread over 6 seasons.

more like 4, 4 and a half seasons with the writers strike

Stephen
01-06-2010, 23:21
I did get the ending. I didn't mind it too much (although I had actually guessed they were already dead by about halfway through season 1). My problem was that the pacing of the final episode (and most of Lost for that matter). It was far too slow. They could have cut at least 40 minutes of the final episode with little or no loss to the story. Hell, there is at least 20 minutes of music with people just looking meaningfully at one another..

As for my opinion of the whole series? It was two seasons of good stories spread over 6 seasons.
But they weren't dead!

v0id
01-06-2010, 23:50
What wasn't explained though, was what happened to Kate the fugitve wanted for murder after she left the island.

Shadow Demon UK
02-06-2010, 00:08
(although I had actually guessed they were already dead by about halfway through season 1)

Then you were wrong.