PDA

View Full Version : Standard Installation?

sjolliff
01-01-2010, 14:51
This is a query on behalf of my brother.

Virgin media's website says:
Cable services

Because you're in a fibre optic cable area, you can get all this.

* Up to 50Mb broadband
* Over 165 digital TV channels
* Great value home phone packages

So help yourself to fibre optic broadband, the very best digital TV, and phone services.

But at his house there is no box inside or outside.

would the standard installation cover the cost of coming from the connection point outside the garden to inside the house and be complete

SnoopZ
01-01-2010, 14:58
I believe it should do yes, there might even be a free installation offer on at the moment, although if he wants 50mbit broadband there might be a charge for that.

sjolliff
01-01-2010, 15:01
Yeah at the min its free, online

SnoopZ
01-01-2010, 15:02
Best thing to do is phone them up and get a quote.

sjolliff
01-01-2010, 15:10
ill let my borther know,
cheers

The_Gunslinger
09-01-2010, 10:29
When mine was fitted, the initial install charge (fixed fee) covered getting it to the house from the street box .....

This for me was rather entertaining, as i told them before i signed that i did not want it running straight to the front of the house, due to the driveway/wall etc etc that was in the way and they agreed to go to the side, then along to the middle of the house and in there (this way they stayed on the grassed only area and was easier for them, although a longer distance)..... the entertaining part was the ground was like 1-2" soil then stoney as hell :D The 2 guys that came out just rolled their eyes, 3 hours later their boss pitched up wondering why it was taking the 2 "slackers" so long... 15 minutes later shirt sleves rolled up i think he had an idea why LOL (not to mention when running the cable through the underground conduit from one access point to the next he fed it all the way out of one, down the street before feeding back in and pulling it through to the next access point.... going around a lamp post in the process.... much grinning and chuckling ensued from the 2 guys that had arrived originally :D)

But eventually they got it sorted, and did a good job, not had any issues with it and no dug up garden to boot :)

The internal wiring i did completely myself, so when they arrived the cable and phone lines were already run to the point in the house where they came through the wall.