PDA

View Full Version : Continual intermittent Loss of 20mb in Leeds 14

Stan the Man
30-12-2009, 11:36
Hi,
peviously posted this in
'Slow Browsing - network packet loss - local or nationwide issue?'
I now notice that this is more specifically for the Colchester area....hence this thread giving anyone affected in Leeds 14 a little more information.

Started losing my broadband itermittently...internet cutting in and out randomly since about 22nd Dec. VIP package NTL 250 modem Leeds 14 area. Normally my service is rock solid.

I was just trying to establish whether i had an internal problem.....i do think mine is a local area problem but there is nothing on the Virgin STATUS page.

Discovered mate down the road 150 yards (same package/modem) has exactly the same isue Leeds 14 area. Never really ever have problems with the broadband (only occaisional capping lol).
I'm thinking it's a general problem?:erm:

Just spoke to another mate who lives further down our estate 300/400 yards. He's having exactly the same problem. He spoke to customer services who said there were no local issues and booked an engineer for next Sunday 3rd Jan.
So we are at least 3 in the Leeds 14 area on 20mb broadband losing our internet connection on a regular basis.

I called service 151 and was lucky to speak to someone English, but after explainging the issue and that it affected more than just me she said i would still need an engineer to visit/test etc. That was booked in for next Tuesday 5th Jan.
Had a call from mate this morning saying he'd had a text from Virgin saying they have found the local fault which would be sorted in the next 8 hours and the engineer visit is now cancelled.
I have heared nothing as yet but hope it is all resolved today....still nothing on STATUS page.
Hope that helps anyone with same issue
Happy New Year
Stan

Hugh
30-12-2009, 11:38
Leeds 16 appears to be OK.

Hope your issue is resolved soon.

Stan the Man
30-12-2009, 11:44
Thanks mate:tu:

looks as if it's only this area as i've not seen any other threads on it anywhere.

robbert69
30-12-2009, 12:26
that's OK virgin do that a lot try to offer you a engineer then find out its there end. you try to explain the prob lol you no its not your PC might be the modem 99 percent of the time its not you run your own test no prob lol then after a day are so virgin ring back and say its OK engineer canceled its there end will be sorted soon but virgin do give cash back which i like very much :) and India don't help but English are Scotland call centers are best

Stan the Man
31-12-2009, 13:05
Update:
No improvement in 8 hours time slot as promised:td:

Stan the Man
02-01-2010, 00:08
Update:

Now worse than ever??????????????

Stan the Man
02-01-2010, 16:13
Things on the up................no disconnections so far today ;)

No mention of an official fix anywhere though?

Welshchris
02-01-2010, 16:22
Stan if the problem wasnt on the web status page they wont post an update for a fix

Stan the Man
02-01-2010, 16:31
Stan if the problem wasnt on the web status page they wont post an update for a fix

It wasn't...........cheers

III
02-01-2010, 18:11
Stan that sounds odd to be booked a service tech for something thats impacting more than just you sir.

I'd have it checked out by the NG guys
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/setting-up.php

The group to post to is

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

Stan the Man
02-01-2010, 18:47
Yes agreed....have asked them to cancel the visit

Have been persuing on the NG but also keeping people up to speed on here who may have also been experiecing the same problem.

Didn't know about the NG help until i read one of your posts the other day:tu:

Been solid connection all day so i'm delighted

Many thanks
Stan

horseman
02-01-2010, 20:14
I suspect possible low SNR area issues LS14 - see if F001157894 applies?
You'll see issues in adjacent LSxx areas in vm.announce during previous month circumstantially indicating they may have been attempting load balancing by placing CM's on different CMTS/rf channels.... probably flushed out yet another "noise" impairment problem.
Problem on adjacent LS15 with config problem resolved in 1 day on 27th Dec also highly suspicious as well.

Highly speculative of course.....

Stan the Man
03-01-2010, 11:58
Thanks horseman

i think i understand some of that lol

Digital Fanatic
03-01-2010, 12:28
I'm suspecting SNR issues here also... the text message we send out is set for a 8 hour SLA (as this is the maximum time a fix should take for total loss) ... SNR issues on the other hand have a much longer SLA (P4's - and are usually dealt with in business hours as they are degraded service and not complete loss)

If you get any further issues, as III say's, post in our Newsgroups :)