PDA

View Full Version : Modem replacement

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 10:11
Hi there,

Let me give you a quick brief. Basically my friend had his VM installation on Friday. Engineer goes and says everything is fine. My mate rings me up 5 hours later and tells me his internet isn't working. I go over and find that the enet light is not on constantly, only flashing every 10 secs.

I've changed the lead with other Ethernet cables, still the same. So I rang Virgin up and they suspect it to be the modem at fault. Anyway, the modem is due today via courier they say. How true is this? Are they usually correct at the call centres with this info?

The only reason I'm asking is because he's had to take the day off to wait in for it. I don't think the snow that's coming down at the minute is going to help his cause either....

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 14:13
He rang up before for some tracking info. They haven't even sent it out via Courier, only Royal Mail! So it's looks like all Christmas he is going to be without any internet. Not a very happy new customer...

Funny thing is though, they send routers out by courier?

Peter_
22-12-2009, 15:03
All modems go out via UPS not Royal Mail

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 15:08
All modems go out via UPS not Royal Mail

He asked the call centre guy and he said of seven years working there, they only send modems out via Royal Mail, routers go by courier. Strange.

Peter_
22-12-2009, 15:27
He asked the call centre guy and he said of seven years working there, they only send modems out via Royal Mail, routers go by courier. Strange.

They go from a Kuene and Nagel warehouse to UPS and then they are shipped to you the customer and whoever you spoke to is very wrong regardless of their length of service.

You will find that everyone that has received a modem or router from us has received it via UPS.

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 15:55
They go from a Kuene and Nagel warehouse to UPS and then they are shipped to you the customer and whoever you spoke to is very wrong regardless of their length of service.

You will find that everyone that has received a modem or router from us has received it via UPS.

He just rang them back up. Seems you are right. It should be delivered today anyway.

Peter_
22-12-2009, 18:49
He just rang them back up. Seems you are right. It should be delivered today anyway.
No problems at all and the reason I said it was UPS is above my avatar or below this post.

Also when I received my replacement modem I got 3 all delivered by UPS in their bags.

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 19:01
No problems at all and the reason I said it was UPS is above my avatar or below this post.

Also when I received my replacement modem I got 3 all delivered by UPS in their bags.

In the end, the weather stopped it from being delivered. So Wednesday it is then.

Peter_
22-12-2009, 22:02
In the end, the weather stopped it from being delivered. So Wednesday it is then.
It was ordered on Friday so if it was before 3pm it would be next day plus 24 hours which excluding the weekend would have been today Tuesday, if it was ordered after 3pm on Friday it would be be processed on Monday which then would be next day plus 24 hours which would be Wednesday.

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 22:09
It was ordered on Friday so if it was before 3pm it would be next day plus 24 hours which excluding the weekend would have been today Tuesday, if it was ordered after 3pm on Friday it would be be processed on Monday which then would be next day plus 24 hours which would be Wednesday.

It was Saturday I got on the phone to them, so kudos to Virgin.

The weather here has been appalling, so I'm not surprised the UPS guy didn't deliver, it even said that on the consignment notes.

Peter_
22-12-2009, 22:15
It was Saturday I got on the phone to them, so kudos to Virgin.

The weather here has been appalling, so I'm not surprised the UPS guy didn't deliver, it even said that on the consignment notes.
If it was ordered Saturday then Wednesday would have been the day for expected delivery.

gumpy321
22-12-2009, 22:17
If it was ordered Saturday then Wednesday would have been the day for expected delivery.

No, today was. It said the 22nd. It was on the van.

Peter_
22-12-2009, 22:29
No, today was. It said the 22nd. It was on the van.
I believe you, it must have been processed earlier because of the upcoming Christmas break.:)