PDA

View Full Version : RG41 went down @ 11:00 21-Dec

Sephiroth
21-12-2009, 15:39
Just a quick note to say that the RG41 area lost its cable service at 11:00 today.

There is nothing on the web site about the issue but when I called 151 the automated response acknowledged there was a fault in RG41/RG6.

I found that helpful. It's the first time in a long time I've had to call in a fault and it disturbs me that from other posts regarding other areas nobody (I think) has said that there was an automatic announcement concerning their area.

Good job I have O2 broadband on the BT phone line!

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Fixed 14:17. Snowing like hell.

AHN-David
21-12-2009, 16:40
You cant be sure about those automatic message.

They get your postcode from what number you are phoning from.

I noticed this before. They just say sorry you have a fault in "Postcode" We are aware of this and are looking into it. When I called before from a friends phone. But there was no faults in his area.

Sephiroth
21-12-2009, 17:01

I noticed this before. They just say sorry you have a fault in "Postcode" We are aware of this and are looking into it. When I called before from a friends phone. But there was no faults in his area.

Sure it's possible. But (a) they were tight; (b) RG6 - adjoining - was also mentioned.

Peter_
21-12-2009, 21:50

That does not mean that the was not a fault elsewhere within that postcode.